By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Athiests and other humans of high intelligence- What would you say to God on Judgement day?

don't you mean atheists?

Around the Network

Probably wouldn't say anything. Cause... you know... I'd be dead and he'd be imaginary... makes for an awkward conversation.

"My bad"

*raises fist for a fist-bump*

I would totally do that.

i'd say "i thought you might be real, was i supposed to accept jesus as my savior?" if he said "yulp, now you're gonna burn." i'd be like "i'm still not falling for it."

spurgeonryan said:
Roma said:

and things are back to normal after the PS4 hype died down. I was wondering when these discussions would show up on the main page again 

No, I was just banned during the PS4 conference. I could not take the fact that they would put my beloved Nintendo to shame so I requested a ban.

Put Nintendo to shame with what? Capcom coming on stage to announce nothing, Square coming on stage to annouce nothing, a Wii Music rip-off, a guy who wants to have sex with the cars in his game, Blizzard trolling everyone with Diablo 3, no console shown at a console reveal, and an online service thats going to be its deathbed in countries like Australia that still have download limits ranging on average from 5gb-50gb a month?

Yeah the controller is sexy and i splooshed when i saw the graphics in Killzone, splooshed again when i saw 8gb of shared GDDR5, but after the relentless orgasm that was the Wii U Nintendo Direct in January, i feel Sony really bombed out. Even local news stations were reporting on the "Ps4 Fail". They need to bring the big guns at E3 or Nintendo and Microsoft are going to butcher them.

Around the Network

Most Athiests that I have encountered have an IQ of maybe a kinder gardener so I wouldn't lump them in the same boat as high Intelligence people.

radishhead said:
Which religion was the right one all along?

This.  Exactly.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Jay520 said:
scottie said:
PDF said:
Seriously if you were faced with God, I doubt anyone here would really have the courage to question him as they face eternal damnation.

I don't think you understand what you are saying.

Lets assume a mad scientist has discovered immortality, taken over the world, enslaved the population using a robot army. 99% or more of the population is being tortured for eternity in fire.

You are taken before the mad scientist and told to justify why you should join him on his throne.

Which is the real torture, a bit of fire? Or the knowledge that everyone you ever new and loved is being tortured by the person you are drinking beer and playing CoD with?

How long, from when you get let into the mad scientist's party before you snap? Before you yell at him to stop torturing billions? Or before you break one of his thousnads of rules and get sent to the fire anyway.

No, when faced with those two choices, the only option left to us would be to spit in the face of the mad scientist and jump on the fire.

I can honestly say that if faced with God or a super mad scientist, I would do whatever they said to avoid eternal damnation. Seriously, I would bury all of my ethics and morals for that. It's simply not worth it.

Then you are either a weaker, or smarter person than I :P

radishhead said:
Which religion was the right one all along?

I want to know too.

scottie said:
In all honesty?

I would ask him if certain parts of the Bible are truly representative of his opinions.

If he responded with yes, I would look him in the eyes and say "I'll see you in hell"

Even if I could somehow trick this omnipotent being into letting me in heaven, I could not sit in there while he tortures 99% of the human race for imagined slights against him. If I were let into heaven, I would be kicked out shortly later for plotting to free innocents from hell.

Definition: The word “hell” is found in many Bible translations. In the same verses other translations read “the grave,” “the world of the dead,” and so forth. Other Bibles simply transliterate the original-language words that are sometimes rendered “hell”; that is, they express them with the letters of our alphabet but leave the words untranslated. What are those words? The Hebrew she’ohl′ and its Greek equivalent hai′des, which refer, not to an individual burial place, but to the common grave of dead mankind; also the Greek ge′en·na, which is used as a symbol of eternal destruction. However, both in Christendom and in many non-Christian religions it is taught that hell is a place inhabited by demons and where the wicked, after death, are punished (and some believe that this is with torment)

Does the Bible indicate whether the dead experience pain?

Eccl. 9:5, 10: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all . . . All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol,* the place to which you are going.” (If they are conscious of nothing, they obviously feel no pain.) (*“Sheol,” AS, RS, NE, JB; “the grave,” KJ, Kx; “hell,” Dy; “the world of the dead,” TEV.)

Ps. 146:4: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts* do perish.” (*“Thoughts,” KJ, 145:4 in Dy; “schemes,” JB; “plans,” RS, TEV.)I HIGHLY reccomend going to this link and reading 

If you want to read more about the matter I highly reccomend going to this link and reading some interesting stuff about hell. oh and i bet you can't guess what christian denomination I belong to. 

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989234?q=hell&p=par