By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the Wii U now hold the record for longest period without a new game for a console in it's launch window? Update- All answers point to yes...sadly..

i dont know for how long it was on the market but you might want to check out the apple pippin

Around the Network

Welcome back, Spurge.

We have a tie?

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Well, they haven't released a SNES game in YEARS. Really wondering if they even care about the system anymore. :/

I suppose but no idea xD

Around the Network

It looks like the N64 will win?

Anyways last US game according to Amazon US was 007 Legends December 11,2012
Next game is The Amazing Spiderman on March 5th, so just shy of 3 months.

Edit: If Spiderman gets delayed the following games are out next and that would push it over 3 months

The Croods March 13th

Lego City Undercover March 18th

Monster Hunter 3 March 19th

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct March 19th

Need for Speed March 19th

It's just that simple.

It's certainly a while, yeah. Don't get why. I guess Aliens, Rayman and Scribblenauts were supposed to fill the gap?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

A better question is what is the record for longest period a console has gone without a launch... because I didn't even know the Wii U was out yet.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

No idea but you know it's getting bad when a mom and kids walk in your store, look at you're Wii U section, and ask why they stopped making games for the system and if any more were coming out.

I like Nintendo but they really botched the launch of the Wii U

there isn't really much to say........its not like you will get concrete answers in a forum.

*More than sure they have their reasons.