By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the Wii U now hold the record for longest period without a new game for a console in it's launch window? Update- All answers point to yes...sadly..

So the eshop means nothing here? Runner just came out this week. And the cave was released a few weeks ago.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
It's certainly a while, yeah. Don't get why. I guess Aliens, Rayman and Scribblenauts were supposed to fill the gap?

After 3DS and Wii U, I hope Nintendo realizes they can't depend on 3rd parties to carry their launches.

siavm said:
So the eshop means nothing here? Runner just came out this week. And the cave was released a few weeks ago.

Contrary to what some people will tell you 90% of all software sales on consoles come from retail.  While releasing a few nice digital games is always nice thats not what moves hardware.  Physical retail games do.

This just goes to show how little support ninty has given the Wii U

siavm said:

Of course it means something. But we are talking actual disc release. It just goes to show It's not a good idea to release all your launch titles at once. Yes it was nice to have a great selection of launch titles, but now Nintendo has nothing to show in retail that's new for many months and that doesn't help sales at all.

Goes to show even more the damage caused by having Rayman Legends delayed.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Let us crucify Ubi then for all our misery

In Gods we trust. Dattebayo...

WiiU ID:         Aias23

Xbox360/XboxOne ID:  Aias23

3DS FC:         3737 9509 2938

I guess it is pretty ugly... Maybe it will get better in the next months. However, I don´t intend to buy it anymore.

AIAS said:
Let us crucify Ubi then for all our misery

Ubisoft gave you ZombiU and AC3. 

siavm said:

Considering both games can be had alse where & are also very niche, no, they don't really mean much for the Wii U's library.

What's the point of threads like these? Its like you guys just ignored what Ninty has already explained. Obviously they weren't planning on a drought, the delays led to this. Its not like they blew their load at launch. They had more games planned but decided to delay. Or are you guys those kind of people that think you can run their company better?