By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 top 100 million?

Hard to say..But i say yes..

Around the Network

Uhhh.... No?

Hegarol2 said:
Prodigy_BE said:
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=156

If you look at this, maybe PS3 WILL sell 100 million.
Depends on how fast it will surpass the 360, and how long before MS will hang on after Sony passed them.

And yes, I know, the Wii is Nr 1 now. But I cannot help thinking Nintendo is broadening the gamer userbase. If Sony plays their cards right, Nintendo's consumers today, might be Sony's consumers tomorrow.

Think about it, PS3 will eventually reach the 250$ price point, and if they ship that with a Wii-like controller and stuff, they might make yet another big stride forward (another?? Yes, the blu-ray ignited jump will happen this holiday

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Total+Other&cons2=PS3&reg2=Total+Other&cons3=X360&reg3=Total+Other&weeks=156

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&weeks=156

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&weeks=156

How are these 3 graphs possible??? I thought the PS3 was selling like the PS2?? The PS2 was NOT released in all territories at the same time. It was Japan only for a long time. Your graph is absolutely worthless!!

Euhm... No, these graphs are not worthless. I know PS2 launched earlier in Japan and the US. But it also launched in all three territories with a 1 million in stock, and almost no competition. Even more so, the 1 million in Japan and Europe were sold in less than a week.

Even with the failed PS3 launch in Japan and the US, they are now on exactly the same track as with the PS2.

The gaming biz grows with about 7 to 8% a year, you know, so yes, with blu-ray helping them out in every holiday season to come, PS3 will probably reach the 100 million mark. PS3 is still quite a long way from the peek of its parabolic salescurve (where price is dropped to a point that the highest monthly sales are achieved, before the market becomes saturated).

Europe is won, the US will shift focus this holiday season (with blu-ray being the biggest sales booster), and Japan will follow after FF XIII, FF Versus XIII and White Knight Story are released. MGS4 will only be an indication for things to come.

Prodigy_BE said:

Europe is won, the US will shift focus this holiday season (with blu-ray being the biggest sales booster), and Japan will follow after FF XIII, FF Versus XIII and White Knight Story are released. MGS4 will only be an indication for things to come.

1. I don't know what your definition of "win" is but the PS3 is currently in 3rd place in Europe if you look at the total sales for this gen. You could argue its 2nd place because its constantly outselling the 360 on a weekly basis, but the PS3 is still way behind Wii. Not in any way has PS3 won Europe.

2. There is no indication that the US will shift focus from Wii to PS3 and only if THAT happens PS3 has a chance to reach 100 million. Wii Fit and the E3 holiday announcements will push Wii even more.

3. Japan is lost for the PS3. Wii is so strong over there that no FF can help the PS3 to get to Wii levels. It won't be released before mid 2009 anyway, which is way too late.

Will the Nintendo Wii pass 120 million consoles? Now thats a good idea for a thread.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
sirvice said:

@avinash_tyagi

no offence but

its pretty obvious that u dont have a clue at all

your predictions are hilarious, ur posts make no sense.

finish ur education before starting to think or even write posts please

Ok, not only do you fail to make any reasoned arguments as to why you think I am wrong, but you also seem to lack a proper grasp of basic spelling and grammer, and you tell me that I need to finish my education. I hope you grasp the irony of your post.

I think Avinash's predictions are pretty resonable. Maybe you should wait until your postcount is in the triple digits before you go insulting respected members of our forum.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

According to Crazzyman PS3 will sell 120 million equaling the PS2 :):):)

I think it could if it's life is twice that of the PS2. It could survive that long then hell yeh

Never.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

You Sony gamers really need to lower your expectations or else you're going to feel disappointed. The PS3 will not sell 100 million units.

We are on a sales site. Use the data available to you and the truth will become very clear.

The rEVOLution is not being televised