By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you still buy digital Games for your Playstation 3?

Will you still buy digital Games for your Playstation 3?

Yes 61 55.96%

No 48 44.04%

Total:109

Hell no.

At least with physical copies I can sell them. I don't want to have a bunch of systems hooked up to my TV.

I want a smooth transition to the next generation and I want to bring my purchases, game saves, achievements/trophies, etc. with me. That they can't even give me PS1 BC is bullshit. Even the Dreamcast could emulate the PS1. That Gaikai will eventually cover every game is also BS since licensing will not allow it.

I am hoping MS will at least give us our XBLA titles, but I am not hopeful.

Around the Network

There is no need to actually buy digital games. I don't even have enough time to playall the free games on PS+!

As others have pointed out, I will just keep my PS3 for PS3 Games. BC isn't something a console really needs. Until the Wii, no Nintendo Console ever offered BC. Microsoft won't do it with their next console, as it lacks the power needed to emulate a 360. Sure, they could port EVERY SINGLE Game ever made last generation. Would just eat up billions of dollar with no earnings in return. Sounds like a good idea!

On the other hand, who in the world buys a new console for 400+ $ just to play old games? Seriously, how often do you play Xbox 1 games on xour 360? How often do you popin a PS1 Disc into the PS3? I have not even played one single PSP Title on my Vita yet, even though I bought almost all my PSP Titles digitally. BC just isn't such a big deal if you ask me.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

PS+ and thats it. Besides things are cheaper used on amazon and i am less likely to spend money on anything but God of war and last of us this year. gta5 on xbox unless its on PC. most things i will be buying on PC until the next gen systems are out.

what a damn bait thread. $10 wasn't to compensate for shit. NO BC means NO BC. not for physical. not for digital.

if anything i'm now more motivated to by digital as physical is 100% never going to be BC but digital might have a chance to be BC via gaikai.

snyps said:

Did "loyal" PSN customers get $10 to compensate them?  If I had to buy my Wii eshop games again i'd be mad.  Now Sony is offering a promo to keep people interested in Playstation store http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Sony-PSN-Credit-bonus-deal,news-16809.html

So are you still going to buy PS3 games from the PS store? What do you think about the $10 incentive program?

I will continue to buy digital content on the PS3, because that way eventually via emulation or Gaikai I will be able to play them in the PS4.   What is going to happen is similar to the PSP games and PSone classics on the VITA, they required additional mumbo jumbo to be playable on the device, and BOOM! it happened.    And that is the same case with PS3 + PSN titles and the PS4.    Emulation will come in the form of digital and not disck-based, that is why I want most of the content I buy to be attached to my PSN ID, that is why I am buying most things digitally now.

Around the Network

I'm less likely to buy digital games if they won't get transferred to ps4. I will still however buy phisical discs because I can resell them. Are ppl not ready to talk about it? This ain't a BC topic. It's a buying habits topic.

I would if I had a ps3 ;_;

My disc based PS3 games will be no different so I don't quite get the issue here. I will likely play on my PS3 for years to come, even after I get a PS4 (2014/2015 range).

Yes, I'll keep buying PS3 digital because I don't sell my consoles.

Also, they might go crazy on PS3 game sales.

Bought 4 games this week, the rockstar bundle, I will play them and move on. Life is too short, I don´t give a crap if the PS4 don´t play a game that I already have played. And, if, I haven´t played,, I still don´t give a damn, I still own my PS3. And if it breaks, life moves on, who cares?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.