By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC owners - Show me your POWAH!

CGI-Quality said:
OR, Quad SLI 890s on the dawn of Maxwell in Q4 2014. ;)

Yeah i may revisit this idea when these next gen parts relaunch. Hopefully quad sli drivers improve...if they are as wonky as today, and 0 games use physx like today, id settle for 3 way sli with best single gpu available. save the movey, electricity and extra heat...

Around the Network

Mine is nothing uber crazy. I don't play any MMOs and shooters really (I've considered Guild Wars 2 but that's about it)... mostly Minecraft, Need for Speed and sim games (like Black & White 2, SimCity, etc) and older games of course. My card is pretty good for when I got it, but it's nothing brand new. It's good enough for my work (Photoshop+Design), games I play and for anything I throw at it. It's an 8GB (ZOMG, it's a PS4!) Win7 AMD Phenom II X4 20 3.21GHZ (it's a X3 720 overclocked and unlocked fourth core) workstation.

I added the lighting as a 'zen mood thing'. Looking through the back when the fan is blowing, all the system fans (blue, green and red) blend to like a purple-ish celestial-ish spectrum. It's not as easy to see in the picture, but it's pretty gorgeous. The redisn't real strong in the back... it's the least brightest fan.

My OLD desk... we moved halfway across US... also, there is a dual screen now. The tablet is for my artwork. Wacom Intuos4 Lage propped up on a notebook stand that doesn't have a cooler. :)

My setup until we move. Will probably get something like an L desk because I really need the space...

CGI-Quality said:
Marucha said:

Mine is nothing uber crazy. I don't play any MMOs and shooters really (I've considered Guild Wars 2 but that's about it)... mostly Minecraft, Need for Speed and sim games (like Black & White 2, SimCity, etc) and older games of course. My card is pretty good for when I got it, but it's nothing brand new. It's good enough for my work (Photoshop+Design), games I play and for anything I throw at it. It's an 8GB (ZOMG, it's a PS4!) Win7 AMD Phenom II X4 20 3.21GHZ (it's a X3 720 overclocked) workstation.

My setup until we move. Will probably get something like an L desk because I really need the space...

Nice monitors!

Thanks. They are color calibrated with a device, so maybe that's why they look 'nice' lol. The Samsung is a decent one, it's a 23". The Hanns-G I think is a 19" standard, was a super cheap one, like $100 on NewEgg years back... but I'm surprised how close to accurate I can get the color on it. It doesn't give me any problems, especially since it's kinda old. So +1 HannsG I guess.

My laptop is hilariously bad with color accuracy in comparison... calibrator just takes it from really bad to mostly bad. It's doable for web work, but not good for print at all. It would be nice to have a wide-screen/HD secondary... I'll probably get one in the future... would be nice to keep the other as a third screen, but will have to wait until we move. I'll probably be looking into getting an L desk because I really need the space...

Dell XPS 15.  i7-2760 QM Windows 7 64 Bit

NVIDIA Geforce GT 525M 

6GB RAM

I prefer performance to quality, so I usually scale games down a little bit so they run smoother. Even then, games still look really good. 

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Daisuke72 said:
So I just gotta ask, why 32GB RAM. Like...there's nothing you can possibly be doing with that much RAM, seems like a waist of money in my opinion. Hell, the RAM Speed isn't even future proof at that level, just think of when the average GAMING PC needs 32GB of RAM, the type of RAM standard for PC's will be far faster than the RAM we use today. 32GB's of RAM seems excessive.

I also run VM stuff on it..... you can run a lot of VMs with 32GB, most people do more than just gaming on their PCs.

Around the Network
JinxRake said:

These days I value mobility a lot more than pure power. Planning on building a decent gaming PC once I get myself a job as soon as possible and I start paying my own bills. My old rig is sporting a Radeon X800 and that's about the best I can say for it hehe.

Vaio FW? 

its such a cool looking laptop.

mine is the Vaio S.

(aka , the 007 Skyfall Laptop) 

Things are a bit messy, but ok:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme P67 mobo, i7 2600K, 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws/8GB Corsair Vengeance...forgot the speeds (purchased at different times), 1 x MSI R7970 Lightning BE/ 1 x Asus Matrix 7970. Boot drive 120GB Intel 510 SSD, games 128GB Crucial M4 SSD. Oh the case is the Lian Li PC-X900R ( http://lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=500&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g=f )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I just came back here to see my/our old ass pcs, and my photos are missing. awh :(