By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavy Rain Undertracked?

Tagged games:

second hand and borrowing.

My copy of Heavy went to the hands of 4 other people.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I finished my friends copy and he was borrowing it off someone else :P

Heavy Rain is so awesome. I'm so proud to have gotten its platinum trophy.

More people should try this game.

hatmoza said:

Used market according to Quantic dream cost them 1 million sales. David Cage wouldn't be happy to read this. Ideally if everyone owned a copy it could have been above 3 mn and generated $ 13 mn profit.

4% seen all endings, the game has 18 endings, who is patient enough to put up with such a crappy game/movie?

Around the Network

that's why they don't like used games sales of gamestop

Cub said:

4% seen all endings, the game has 18 endings, who is patient enough to put up with such a crappy game/movie?

Endings work different in Heavy Rain. You get four "ending chapters" when you finish the game, one for each character. There are 18 different ending chapters among all characters, depending on various factors, and there can also be tiny variations within the different endings. Oh and the game is amazing so njah.

GameAnalyser said:
hatmoza said:

Used market according to Quantic dream cost them 1 million sales. David Cage wouldn't be happy to read this. Ideally if everyone owned a copy it could have been above 3 mn and generated $ 13 mn profit.

Or, conversely, those people simply would never have played the game.  It is really hard to say either way.

On Heavy Rain

1. It is a short game

2. It is an intense, distinct title with a good story

So, people likely wanted to experience it or it had good word of mouth.  Few people held on to copies or freely lent their copy because they were done with it.  I mean, I enjoyed it and beat it a couple times, but after that I honestly have no desire to ever go back.

rentals, borrowing, used games. Doesn't have to be new. I'd say, that's a pretty good new to used ratio.

LemonSlice said:
Cub said:

Endings work different in Heavy Rain. You get four "ending chapters" when you finish the game, one for each character. There are 18 different ending chapters among all characters, depending on various factors, and there can also be tiny variations within the different endings. Oh and the game is amazing so njah.

I admit, I didn't know how the endings thingy worked :) I am one of the 26% who didn't finish the game.