By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CVG: First Party and their role in the creation of PS4!

Turkish said:
This console is gonna be amazing. I liked everything I heard about it so far.

seems like they're about 100x more solid at this launch than PS3's

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
nice to see know. wht i expect are blockbuster original games.

They'll be able to get those games out more towards the beginning of the cycle this time I think with this architecture since their first party studios won't have to master something like cell.  GG's first game for PS3 was in 2009, SP's in 09, Polyphony in 10, Team ICO nothing yet lol (may not be because of cell), Quantic Dream in 10, the list goes on. We still haven't seen what ND has but I bet we will at E3.  MM will have something in 2014 most likely.  SP and GG already have theirs ready (most likely around launch although I'm kinda hoping Infamous is in Q1 2014 so as to stagger releases and avoid a Vita scenario).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

axumblade said:
I just read about how Guerilla Games helped make the PS4 controller. It seems like Sony are really trying to listen to their studios and 3rd parties to see what they need to make the system easy to work with.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393553/ps4-guerrilla-helped-sony-build-a-great-controller-for-an-fps/

It feels like they are really trying to correct all the problems that the PS3 had in its opening 24 Months. Its great. I just really hope they remember the main problem - Price.

Development ease is there. The "early" launch is there. The pad isnt gimped. Top quality 1st party content is there. It just needs to be affordable enough and Sony could be on to a winner.

Kresnik said:
This made me sad that Psygnosis won't get the chance to show their technical prowess on the machine.

:(

why??

Edit: nevermind

Sometimes you have to fall to come back stronger than ever.
Sony is doing everything right with the PS4...The architecture,the developers are happy,the gamepad = gamers happy,Online experience is probably even better than it is right now(best online service on consoles).
Developing games will be far cheaper cause a lot less time is wasted in learning and optimizing and it means at the same time a lot more new IPs are possible.
If you don't chose Sony over everyone else in this Gen you definitely don't like and care for gaming.

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
nice to see know. wht i expect are blockbuster original games.

They'll be able to get those games out more towards the beginning of the cycle this time I think with this architecture since their first party studios won't have to master something like cell.  GG's first game for PS3 was in 2009, SP's in 09, Polyphony in 10, Team ICO nothing yet lol (may not be because of cell), Quantic Dream in 10, the list goes on. We still haven't seen what ND has but I bet we will at E3.  MM will have something in 2014 most likely.  SP and GG already have theirs ready (most likely around launch although I'm kinda hoping Infamous is in Q1 2014 so as to stagger releases and avoid a Vita scenario).

souds good but to not overshadow The Last of Us. UC4 will relese 2014.

Attoyou said:
That really is fantastic. A system made by the people who make the games. Fantastic.

i'm really impressed to.  not only can these guys make killer software by they can handcraft consumer electronics.  must take really steady hands to make a cpu.

man really sounds like Sony is on the right way this time...the only obstacle in front of it is the pricetag...please do not fukk this up Sony ...