By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CVG: First Party and their role in the creation of PS4!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393510/killzone-shadow-fall-preview-ps4/?page=2#top_banner

""This was the first time we did this with PlayStation, where you get the entire group of core developers together and consistently give very deep, profound feedback on everything system-related, and that's really awesome," ter Heide said.

"The guys who made it are no longer in an ivory tower in Tokyo, [the development has been] shared with us and not just with us, but with Evolution, Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, everybody and together we've built the machine.

"I think because it's so embedded in the work that we do, we who make games on a daily basis, it's a gamer's machine. That's the end result of it. I think Mark Cerny said at one point [in the PS4 conference] that it's a machine by gamers, for gamers, and I really think that's the essence of it.

"They've made sure that all the focus is just on how we can make the games as good as possible."

It's a great read :D As a gamer this is the kind of thing I want to hear..very happy with sony's direction of things so far

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

This made me sad that Psygnosis won't get the chance to show their technical prowess on the machine.

:(

This console is gonna be amazing. I liked everything I heard about it so far.

That really is fantastic. A system made by the people who make the games. Fantastic.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Kresnik said:
This made me sad that Psygnosis won't get the chance to show their technical prowess on the machine.

:(

well they retained 2/3 of the staff :P I'm guessing we will eventually see a new wipeout from Evolution studios..they took in a bunch of liverpool staff there

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

well they retained 2/3 of the staff :P I'm guessing we will eventually see a new wipeout from Evolution studios..they took in a bunch of liverpool staff there

You'd better not be lying.  Or else owl have a bone to pick with you...

Kresnik said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

You'd better not be lying.  Or else...

:P well I mean fact of the matter is that Liverpool was a pretty large dev team (100+ iirc) ...wipeout aren't exactly the biggest sellers either. It was bound to happen sooner or later

Btw Liverpool staff is involved with the making of DriveClub also

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Awesome choice by Sony to include their top developers in the creation of the system. After the awesome stuff teams like Santa Monica and Naughty Dog have created it only makes sense.

So far I'm very impressed with Sony it really looks like they learned a lot from their mistakes with the PS3

I love hearing that. That's absolutely what I wanted with the PS4, for there not to be a disconnect between the developers and the people building the hardware. That Sony even took all their feedback in mind with the controller, that's just awesome.

nice to see know. wht i expect are blockbuster original games.