By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Ascension Launch Trailer

Kantor said:
Magnus86 said:
AndrewWK said:
Kantor said:

You only figured this out from the trailer?

No not really. I knew it was going to be a prequel I just hoped it wouldn´t. But this destroys every doubt or hope I had. I mean they are making a third prequel for this game. God of War will be the only game with a prequel trilogy or maybe it´ll be a pre-prequel

So? Do you even know how it ends GoW 3 and that maybe they are preparing a complete new trilogy to start with on PS4?

You should play the demo before pass on this game. ;)

I haven't played the demo yet, but I'm sure the gameplay is excellent (as GoW always is).

I'm just worried about the story, which is a non-negligible part of any God of War game, and as such unless the demo gameplay really blows me away, I probably won't pre-order it.

We'll see... it seams they are focusing on the story more than the previous games so... :)

Around the Network
Magnus86 said:
Kantor said:

I haven't played the demo yet, but I'm sure the gameplay is excellent (as GoW always is).

I'm just worried about the story, which is a non-negligible part of any God of War game, and as such unless the demo gameplay really blows me away, I probably won't pre-order it.

We'll see... it seams they are focusing on the story more than the previous games so... :)

I don't see how there's even a story to focus on, to be honest. I swear they have just plucked this part of Kratos' life out of nowhere.

It doesn't reveal any new events, because it's a prequel. It doesn't reveal any new perspectives, because it's still Kratos. It doesn't even really reveal a new timeframe, because Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta were both pretty much set around this point. I just don't get the purpose of it.

I find myself wishing they had just abandoned Kratos and moved on with the series, but hey, maybe there's something huge that I'm missing, like Kratos having amnesia and forgetting all about the period of his life he spent as a travelling clown in Asia or something.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Jay520 said:
AndrewWK said:

I am not saying God of War will be bad just the worst God of War game. Which still is a good game but not a great one

So for you...chonological order in story > everything else?

Yes of course. I mean I have invested 8 eight years into this franchise and really love the story. I know the gameply is great and all that. And this would be enough for a Platinum Games game. But for God of War it is not.

AndrewWK said:
Jay520 said:
AndrewWK said:

I am not saying God of War will be bad just the worst God of War game. Which still is a good game but not a great one

So for you...chonological order in story > everything else?

Yes of course. 

Good to know.

Kantor said:
Magnus86 said:
Kantor said:

I don't see how there's even a story to focus on, to be honest. I swear they have just plucked this part of Kratos' life out of nowhere.

It doesn't reveal any new events, because it's a prequel. It doesn't reveal any new perspectives, because it's still Kratos. It doesn't even really reveal a new timeframe, because Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta were both pretty much set around this point. I just don't get the purpose of it.

I find myself wishing they had just abandoned Kratos and moved on with the series, but hey, maybe there's something huge that I'm missing, like Kratos having amnesia and forgetting all about the period of his life he spent as a travelling clown in Asia or something.

This game should be focus more on the umanuty of Kratos, something that wasn't touched so much in all the other games. I'm not saying that this will be the best GoW ever but that we shouldn't bash the story without give it a  chance.

Around the Network
Magnus86 said:
Kantor said:
Magnus86 said:
Kantor said:

This game should be focus more on the umanuty of Kratos, something that wasn't touched so much in all the other games. I'm not saying that this will be the best GoW ever but that we shouldn't bash the story without give it a  chance.

Are you fucking kidding me. Kratos was mass murderer in his past he had no humanity until he killed his family and that has been touched on in the first game, and Chains of Olympus pretty good actually. Is he suppossed to become a loveable character? Because he seriously is not. The defining Kratos scene was when he went into hydra to get the key. I mean this is Kratos, he is the only real Anti hero we have.

AndrewWK said:
Magnus86 said:
Kantor said:
Magnus86 said:
Kantor said:

Are you fucking kidding me. Kratos was mass murderer in his past he had no humanity until he killed his family and that has been touched on in the first game, and Chains of Olympus pretty good actually. Is he suppossed to become a loveable character? Because he seriously is not. The defining Kratos scene was when he went into hydra to get the key. I mean this is Kratos, he is the only real Anti hero we have.

But this game has some flashbacks or some visions that will explain better the relation between Kratos, his wife and his daughter.. so no, i'm not fucking kidding you(as you americans like to say)... maybe you don't even know what you are talking about or maybe it's so hard to understand what i mean lol XD

Magnus86 said:
AndrewWK said:
Magnus86 said:

But this game has some flashbacks or some visions that will explain better the relation between Kratos, his wife and his daughter.. so no, i'm not fucking kidding you(as you americans like to say)... maybe you don't even know what you are talking about or maybe it's so hard to understand what i mean lol XD

I am not an American just the average presumptuous european asshole

AndrewWK said:
Magnus86 said:
AndrewWK said:
Magnus86 said:

I am not an American just the average presumptuous european asshole

Hahaha that was funny :D

Dafuck! I made this thread way earlier than you :(

Freaking yesterday and you only 5 hours ago :[

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156020&page=1#