By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Ascension Launch Trailer

must
not
watch

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Kantor said:

You only figured this out from the trailer?

No not really. I knew it was going to be a prequel I just hoped it wouldn´t. But this destroys every doubt or hope I had. I mean they are making a third prequel for this game. God of War will be the only game with a prequel trilogy or maybe it´ll be a pre-prequel

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

I'm about to win a bet

I don´t think so

I think so. Read the previews and play the demo!

I haven´t found it on the PSN store. And previews mean shit. A lot of previews where saying how great of a game Zombi U will be and it turned out to be a piece of ****

I am not saying God of War will be bad just the worst God of War game. Which still is a good game but not a great one

AndrewWK said:
Kantor said:

No not really. I knew it was going to be a prequel I just hoped it wouldn´t. But this destroys every doubt or hope I had. I mean they are making a third prequel for this game. God of War will be the only game with a prequel trilogy or maybe it´ll be a pre-prequel

So? Do you even know how it ends GoW 3 and that maybe they are preparing a complete new trilogy to start with on PS4?

You should play the demo before pass on this game. ;)

I thought launch trailers only released at launch?

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

I am not saying God of War will be bad just the worst God of War game. Which still is a good game but not a great one

So for you...chonological order in story > everything else?

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

I'm about to win a bet

I don´t think so

I haven´t found it on the PSN store. And previews mean shit. A lot of previews where saying how great of a game Zombi U will be and it turned out to be a piece of ****

Lol. ZombiU was a new IP. An unknown that turned out to be "good". It got good reviews. Not amazing, but good. I didn't see the amazing hype.

It can be the "worst" GoW game and still get over 85. I mean, if Lara can do it...why can't Kratos?

I am not saying Kratos can´t I am just saying he wont.

AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

I'm about to win a bet

I don´t think so

Lol. ZombiU was a new IP. An unknown that turned out to be "good". It got good reviews. Not amazing, but good. I didn't see the amazing hype.

It can be the "worst" GoW game and still get over 85. I mean, if Lara can do it...why can't Kratos?

I am not saying Kratos can´t I am just saying he wont.

It will be a better game of "that" reboot for sure... :))

Magnus86 said:
AndrewWK said:
Kantor said:

So? Do you even know how it ends GoW 3 and that maybe they are preparing a complete new trilogy to start with on PS4?

I haven't played the demo yet, but I'm sure the gameplay is excellent (as GoW always is).

I'm just worried about the story, which is a non-negligible part of any God of War game, and as such unless the demo gameplay really blows me away, I probably won't pre-order it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Magnus86 said:
AndrewWK said:

I will give it a shot. God of War is one of my favourite franchises and with Uncharted my favourite Sony franchise. And of course I know how the 3rd part ends. Just because I am sceptical doesn´t mean I am not giving it a chance. For me this seems just they´re raping the story of God of War which I thought was really good told told throudh the great pentalogy. I will give it a chance and if it turns out to better or equally as good a the previous parts where I wont have a problem to admit that I was wrong. That being said, it wont.