Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

Being taken into consideration!! :-p

I'm probably gonna be screwed with this assignment since I'm not too creative when it comes to creature design. 

do you have to create it from scratch? or can you pick up a refrence from other places?

Not really sure.  I think we can pick up refrences and create something from those.  Then basically the whole semester is modeling it, adding detail, texturing, and doing different poses for them with rigging.   And we learn zbrush which i'm fucking hyped for.  

awesome! that seems like a much, much, much better learning method from where i studied. i heard zBrush is the shit too, awesome stuff you can do with it.

i would recommend taking a look at TLoU concept art, maybe GoW as well. they have done some insane shit with those models and creaters

See I'm always worried that where I'm going is not really gonna prepare me for getting a job as a modeler.  The program here has no focus, but they do have a lot of different tracks.  They do sound, video, game design, storytelling, programming, and 3D.  I'm trying to do all of 3D, game design and most of programming hopfully.  Good thing is they continue to add new classes.  One new one is "Creating Worlds with Unity" or something.  

I'm gonna have to get zbrush in not so legal ways.  :-p  Since it's pretty much the only program I can not get for free by being in college. 

And I definitely will look at those concepts and probably look at some Avatar concepts because I really liked some of the creatures they created for the movie. 

Around the Network
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

I'm probably gonna be screwed with this assignment since I'm not too creative when it comes to creature design. 

do you have to create it from scratch? or can you pick up a refrence from other places?

Not really sure.  I think we can pick up refrences and create something from those.  Then basically the whole semester is modeling it, adding detail, texturing, and doing different poses for them with rigging.   And we learn zbrush which i'm fucking hyped for.  

awesome! that seems like a much, much, much better learning method from where i studied. i heard zBrush is the shit too, awesome stuff you can do with it.

i would recommend taking a look at TLoU concept art, maybe GoW as well. they have done some insane shit with those models and creaters

See I'm always worried that where I'm going is not really gonna prepare me for getting a job as a modeler.  The program here has no focus, but they do have a lot of different tracks.  They do sound, video, game design, storytelling, programming, and 3D.  I'm trying to do all of 3D, game design and most of programming hopfully.  Good thing is they continue to add new classes.  One new one is "Creating Worlds with Unity" or something.  

I'm gonna have to get zbrush in not so legal ways.  :-p  Since it's pretty much the only program I can not get for free by being in college. 

And I definitely will look at those concepts and probably look at some Avatar concepts because I really liked some of the creatures they created for the movie. 

Your college is really good. All my programme i have are not so legal

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

pezus said:
TLoU DLC first minute! http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/your-first-look-at-the-last-of-us-single-player-dlc

OH MY GOD!!!!  I still can't believe how amazing they got the graphics on ps3.  

SnakeDrake said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

Your college is really good. All my programme i have are not so legal

LOL!!!  You gotta do what you gotta do!!

So my friend asked me to drive him to Sainsbury's to buy the last PS4 they had in stock today.

I have no idea what prompted me to do this, but when we took the box to the till, I said to the woman behind the counter. "I might be pushing my luck, but do you happen to have two of those?"

Her response...

Guess I'll see you guys on there.

Around the Network

^Nice. You got lucky!!

So what do you all think the PS4 will sell in December NPD?

I believe it will be roughly around 1mil. Lowest I can see is 800k and highest(really optimistic) 1.2mil.

i saw many PS4 is stock here, in more than one store actually.

1.3 million foo. Go big or go home.

JoeTheBro said:
1.3 million foo. Go big or go home.

That would be crazy and would love for it to do it, but I just don't see it.   3 days and we'll see.

New pic for TLOU: Left Behind

bananaking21 said:
i saw many PS4 is stock here, in more than one store actually.

Haven't seen anything in the UK. Amazon don't get any for another 2 weeks.