By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU eShop List! The Super Giana Sisters

Some really good looking games here, need more money,

Also I find some sick pleasure in that Abe's Odyssey is on everything but XBOX

Around the Network

I thought D&D Chronicles of Mystara was coming out today, but it's no where to be seen. The only eShop release has been the NSLU dlc... but this week there has been another eShop announcement. Teslagrad score and artstyle will be hitting the WiiU scene this fall with the rest of platforms (PC/Mac/PS3). Check out these videos.

Plus this idea for the Gamepad:

What do you think?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I am really excited for the indie scene on the Wii U. Nintendo should market their eShop feature a lot more and give online demos of the coming indie games on their kiosks. Trine 2 for the Wii U was the best version of the game; hopefully the system gets more indie love!!!

TomaTito said:

Plus this idea for the Gamepad:

What do you think?

great!

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
TomaTito said:

What do you think?

great!

Indeed, there's more info on their blog: http://rain-games.com/the-blog/

And....

Former Rare developer Chris Seavor has announced today that Gory Detail is bringing its next game The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup, to the 3DS and Wii U eShops!

It’s all very much about the story. It’s a very sad tale. It’s not dark as in ‘mature’ — it’s not got swearing in it, or anything like that. It’s quite a serious and adult story, but still a fun and hopefully playable game with lots going on. There will be moments of dark humour, but nothing gory.

It’s a 2D platformer, but a with depth to it. You physically move in and out of the screen. It’s also got hints of Lemmings in there. The game has a core gameplay mechanic — and when I say mechanic I mean something you do which will effect something else in the gameworld — which we can’t say because it will give so much away! The main reason I’m being secretive is because we don’t know whether it works or not yet and until we’ve tried it properly, we won’t know. It will change. You put a mechanic in and even the simplest mechanic will throw out a thousand different problems.

The character is becoming the important thing. You’re caring about this character. There are added elements which make it quite like a virtual pet game, a nurture game — you’ve got this character you want to keep alive. Rather than you’re controlling him to get from A to B, you’re controlling everything else to make sure that he doesn’t die. Within that framework, you’ve got your traditional kind of gameplay — platforms that move, monsters that get out of the way, monsters which don’t — but Rusty always has a relationship with you. You’re the narrator. So in that way, it’s like a God game — it’s not strictly a God game, but it’s got narration and this mysterious figure — which is you. I’m going to do some little twists and turns with the logic of the story, so there’s a reason for the character to be there. It’s not like Angry Birds orJetpack Joyride — there’s a reason this character is here. He just doesn’t seem to know why.

Rusty Pup is set for 2014 going by Seavor's comment: “We’re looking at about a year and half turnaround.”

Source

---
Sounds like a puzzle platformer where you have to protect your rusty dog - just like Lemmings or Ghost Trick.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Loving the Indie scene on the Wii U!!!

Just a small update. Yet another developer trying to fund their game on Kickstarter.

But they really want to make a WiiU version and just recently added a strecht goal for the port.

And as a sidenote, I'll be going on vacations tomorrow... so no updates for a whole month!

Please keep the thread updated if you can :P

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Got back last week, but haven't had time until today to begin the updates!
Still no info from anyone - what's up!? Guess I'll have to do it myself.

There are a bunch of eShop games finally releasing next month,
beginning with Cloudberry Kingdom and finishing with Pokémon Rumble U.

August
Cloudberry Kingdom
(Pwnee Studios) [NA: 01/08, EU: 01/08]
DuckTales: Remastered
(WayForward) [NA: 13/08, EU: 15/08]
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
(Black Forest Games) [NA: XX/08, EU: XX/08]
Pokémon Rumble U
(Ambrella) [NA: 29/08, EU: 15/08]
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party
(KnapNok Games)  [NA: 08/08, EU: 08/08]

Fall
Super Ubie Land
(Maestro Interactive)
The Pinball Arcade (FarSight Studios)

Also a few titles have been announced to be coming to the WiiU [I'll update the OP with these titles later]

Armikrog (Pencil Test Studios)
Ittle Dew
(Ludosity)
Project CIDER
(Astrogun)
SECRETS OF RÆTIKON
(Broken Rules)
Soul Saga: Episode I
(Disastercake)

And Star Wars Pinball came out on the 11th of July.... plus a few odd news I stumbled upon:

Calm Night of Snowfall - crowdsourcing
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
- "That SKU has been a bit of a nightmare for that producer"
Liege
- Approved WiiU developer and crowdfunding
Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails
- video interview
Shovel Knight
- introducing Shield Knight
Soul Saga
- turns GamePad into a steampunk phone
Tengami
- origami interview

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Teslagrad looks pretty awesome.

But I am ready for some of this stuff to start landing. Any day now.

Glad to see Farsight still have Pinball Arcade on the way, since I'm about to win a season pass in their Twilight Zone backer tournament.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

But I am ready for some of this stuff to start landing. Any day now

Me too, finally some releases are happening.

-----
And two updates:

• Two Tribes is planning on re-releasing their classics individually on the eShop [link]
    They tweeted, "Perhaps it's time to talk a bit about Toki Tori, RUSH and EDGE hitting Wii U as 'Two Tribes Classics'."
  • Liege is officially coming to the WiiU after hitting its stretch goal [link]

"¡Viva la Ñ!"