By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eidos: next XBOX uses watermarked discs

I doubt the used games thing would really eat into their sales that much over time. Most people buy enough games new that losing out on the chance to play the nextbox's exclusives, just because they can't buy them used, seems unlikely. People really aren't that good at boycotting.

The always online stuff though? That I can see being considerably more damaging.

Around the Network

If MS is not doing it, then publishers will. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

It is hard to believe but with a lot of rumors about this for both companies (Sony and MS) something must be happening behind the scenes.

DarkTemplar said:
It is hard to believe but with a lot of rumors about this for both companies (Sony and MS) something must be happening behind the scenes.

I don't like this one bit.

Sparks said:
DarkTemplar said:

I don't like this one bit.

Neither do I.

Edit: I mean, if the rumors are true this is not good to us (gamers).

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
superchunk said:
Darc Requiem said:
If true, Sony is going to gain a new PS4 customer.

Unless PS4 uses the same tech? After all its just BR discs and the pressure may be coming from publishers. Sony's last rumor on this stated that it may be up to the publishers and not enforced by Sony on all.

Will you go Wii U then?

Where have you been? I've had a Wii U since launch. Not only that, three of my currently played games are Wii U titles....

*Looks at currently playing list*

Damn, I knew it was rough but not that bad. Nintendo can't even afford box art for their games.

They are sad times for Nintendo.

tres said:
heres the stupid part about it. f used. what about a 2+ console house.

Any solution would likely be tied to the account, not the console. I mean you an now log into another console with yoru PSN name and share your digital content. I don't see MSony changing that setup. Nintendo on the other hand....

As a devout Xbox fan since soon after the launch of the original, I can resolutely say they'll have lost me as a customer if this turns out to be true. I'm not liking the sound of Sony's "It's up to the developer/we're not giving you the whole story" stance, either.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

It's looking more and more like I will not be getting the next Xbox before I can get a dirt cheap deal years down the line. I just hope Sony does not follow suit, because I would hate to only have one console this comming gen.

If this is true it makes gaming on the next Xbox practically infinitely more expensive than on any other console before it. The system will fail horribly.

Surely Microsoft can't be that stupid.