By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft claims Wii U gamepad PERFECT fit for Watch Dogs

superchunk said:
c0rd said:

I wouldn't bet on this game having great gamepad support. The game is probably going to sell worst on Wii U anyway (as opposed to PS360/PS4...60?)

In fact, unless a game is Wii U exclusive, I'd bet against any third party game worth getting on the Wii U as opposed to anywhere else. Might seem pessimistic, but after games they made on the Wii, I don't see anything to be optimistic about.

CODBLOPS2 and AC3 are two multiplat games that so far work perfectly on WiiU. Frankly I think better due to off TV capabilities and no need for split screen local multiplayer.

so far darksiders 2 is the best port for the Wii U (talking about the game pad ). 

Around the Network

Lol this is funny. People here can even stomach the fact that the Wii U is next gen and getting good 3rd party support. If its one thing the Wii U needs is good 3rd party suport. Wii U's success does not automatically mean another console's demise. Stop being so sensitive and accept things for how they are.

Heavenly_King said:
avais1993 said:
WiiU finally gets some praise from developers, things are looking up

because they want WiiU owners to buy their game :D

Or maybe they like the Wii U. If not, they can easily not make games for it.

Aquietguy said:
Heavenly_King said:
avais1993 said:
WiiU finally gets some praise from developers, things are looking up

because they want WiiU owners to buy their game :D

Or maybe they like the Wii U. If not, they can easily not make games for it.

and waste the oportunity of making more cash?? I dont think so.

Coincidence or not, the game seems to be conceived with Wii U's Gamepad in mind.

By the way, Wii U is getting more third party support than I expected. I wonder if this trending is going to continue in the next couple of years.

Around the Network

One of those obvious games that would make perfect sense to work awesome on the Wii U.

I mean a tablet controller where in the game you are basically using a tablet to control shit. Who would have thunk that they would go good together?

Curious about the comment it's running on the Wii U and doesn't seem to be running on the others yet. Hopefully not another "wait till others done to release" Hopefully the others catch up soon or they spend time perfecting the Wii U one. I hate the idea of a game done sitting on shelves waiting like Rayman.

FYI, don't have a Wii U. This games look interesting so might get it for PC. Though it looks like it would be really neat on Wii U. So might wait to get it until that eventful day when I finally get a Wii U.

DarkTemplar said:
Coincidence or not, the game seems to be conceived with Wii U's Gamepad in mind.

By the way, Wii U is getting more third party support than I expected. I wonder if this trending is going to continue in the next couple of years.

Thats the most important question. How long will it hold up against PS4 and the next Xbox in terms of ports? I think it will run ports comparable now but about 4 years into its cycle it might get scaled down versions. Im just waiting for SSB and Zelda so i can lock myself in my room and go into hibernation.

irstupid said:
One of those obvious games that would make perfect sense to work awesome on the Wii U.

I mean a tablet controller where in the game you are basically using a tablet to control shit. Who would have thunk that they would go good together?

Curious about the comment it's running on the Wii U and doesn't seem to be running on the others yet. Hopefully not another "wait till others done to release" Hopefully the others catch up soon or they spend time perfecting the Wii U one. I hate the idea of a game done sitting on shelves waiting like Rayman.

FYI, don't have a Wii U. This games look interesting so might get it for PC. Though it looks like it would be really neat on Wii U. So might wait to get it until that eventful day when I finally get a Wii U.

Based on other comments from Ubi on this game... I think they have it running on all next-gen consoles and PC so far. Once these are at a state of near-gold status they will put small team on the PS360 port of the game. I think that is the only distinction right now. Whereas Rayman was intended all along to be  Wii U exclusive game and that changed likely due to Nintendo not getting a certain threshhold of Wii U consoles sold by January (maybe 4m?) and therefore Ubi went with secondary plans to make it a multiplat game.

However, I do think the game on WiiU alone releasing this week during a drought of games would have easily sold more than Legends did on all platforms combined. i.e. it would have been an eventual 1M seller. Now it may still beat that, but this time with a lot more upfront costs.