By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft claims Wii U gamepad PERFECT fit for Watch Dogs

zero129 said:
Soundwave said:

I'm really not interested in the whole "look up at TV, now look down at game pad, look back up at TV, look down at game pad" mechanic, I feel it takes me out of the game.

If I get this game it'll probably be the PS4 or PC version because it looks like the graphics engine is designed for high end PCs.

Yes while pressing start or whatever button and looking at a map instead of looking down at the screen in your hands so doesnt take you out of the game .

This is the strangest excuse i hear coming out of people against WiiU and it makes no sense to me. If anything the game pad would make you more immersed in the game

Lots of people have said this, looking at two screens just isn't an awesome feature for everyone, same with 3D on the 3DS, some people simply don't like it (gives them a headache, the 3D effect breaks too easily, etc.). 

I'm fine with a small map in the corner of the screen. 

Around the Network
zero129 said:
So its already running on the WiiU but they have not even started working on the PS3,X360 versions yet??.

yeah as they stated. the game will be developed for PC and next gen consoles and then ported to last gen consoles (minus the Wii)

Heavenly_King said:
avais1993 said:
WiiU finally gets some praise from developers, things are looking up

because they want WiiU owners to buy their game :D

WiiU owners need all the games they can get right now

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

I guess that confirmes that Wii U is next gen ;)

I was really excited about the potential for this game on the wii U..... up until I played a Wii U and realised you can't look at the TV and screen at the same time :(

Somehow in my head I imagined to be exactly like the DS, mayb I just gotta get used to switching between screens. Either way, the gamepad function in watchdog won't work as I initially imagined it, looking away to activate the hacking mechanics would steal too much of the pace. Its better all that stuff being on screen.

Around the Network

Well lets be honest, hes not gunna say that watch dogs doesnt really fit the WiiU controller now is he lol specially after its been announced for the console. He will say whatever you wanna hear to make you buy it on the WiiU.

Otakumegane said:
To be honest I don't see Ubisoft spending the extra time and the effort to think of creative ways to use the gamepad.

This might just be damage control against Rayman for all we know.

They already have that experience with ZombiU. I'm sure it will be great. Far more immersive, yet more difficult, that having an assigned button or hold a button for x time, etc. but having a choice to use either way is awesome.

cool looking foreword to seeing how it looks

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I wouldn't bet on this game having great gamepad support. The game is probably going to sell worst on Wii U anyway (as opposed to PS360/PS4...60?)

In fact, unless a game is Wii U exclusive, I'd bet against any third party game worth getting on the Wii U as opposed to anywhere else. Might seem pessimistic, but after games they made on the Wii, I don't see anything to be optimistic about.

c0rd said:

I wouldn't bet on this game having great gamepad support. The game is probably going to sell worst on Wii U anyway (as opposed to PS360/PS4...60?)

In fact, unless a game is Wii U exclusive, I'd bet against any third party game worth getting on the Wii U as opposed to anywhere else. Might seem pessimistic, but after games they made on the Wii, I don't see anything to be optimistic about.

CODBLOPS2 and AC3 are two multiplat games that so far work perfectly on WiiU. Frankly I think better due to off TV capabilities and no need for split screen local multiplayer.