By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii mini coming to Europe! Wii getting a new wind?

Perfect. WiiU precisely needed extra competition in Europe lol.

Joke aside, the release date (prior to the end of the fiscal year) heavily suggests a rushed attempt to boost profitability and make the operational loss look less bad.

Around the Network

What is this, 2009?

Nintendo is officially shitting their tiny little pants. You JUST released a new console and you're now attempting to garner sales from a last generation platform that nobody has bought or even though about for the past 3 years?

They must be doing VERY POORLY with the wii u as it's selling right now, this is the strangest thing I've seen from nintendo. Bizarre....

..... .. . . . . . . . . . .... .. .... ... .... ......

Losing exclusives is a bad sign... Canada is doomed confirmed?

Can't Nintendo just call it quits? I mean, 100 million Wii units sold & they still don't realize that they lost the generation. SOny ftw!

certainly people are smart enough to see the price difference between it and WiiU right?

I might get this as the price of a Wiimote and Nunchuck would probably be the same price as the console + controllers :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

It amazes me that Nintendo sold 100million wii's, yet lost this generation so badly. That has to be a first for the industry.

Now release it in NA for 89.99 or 99.99, discontinue the Wii, and you have a perfect redesign for Wii! Ninty wouldn't do this without a plan for the WiiU. I guess they realize the WiiU is more important than getting the Wii much higher than 100 million especially when its competitors haven't even crossed 80 mil. WiiU is perfectly backward compatible with Wii, so why keep it on the market as is? Kill Wii, release Wii mini, and get those system sellers out there for WiiU maybe even a 50 dollar price cut to perfectly mimic Wii.

WindyCityHeat said:

It amazes me that Nintendo sold 100million wii's, yet lost this generation so badly. That has to be a first for the industry.

Lost perhaps in your eyes but I didn't see them losing anything besides 3rd party companies.

sethnintendo said:

WindyCityHeat said:

Lost perhaps in your eyes but I didn't see them losing anything besides 3rd party companies.

...and millions of gamers!

What the hell is the point of this? I honestly have no idea what Nintendo are doing any more.