By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Turning Point Fall of Liberty: we've maybe tapped 2%.

2% ???!!!
ummm.. ok, we all know the PS3 is a pretty capable piece of hardware, but 2%? That'd be like running a NES game....
Also, for the record, Naughty Dog DID say they were only using 30% of the PS3's power for Uncharted (http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/10/30/getting-technical-with-naughty-dog-co-president-christophe-balestra) so yeah, it probably could have been done on the 360.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

I also have to wonder what they mean by using XX%. Anyone knows that if you get anywhere close to 100% you will almost certainly run into frame rate and other problems. There is NEVER going to be a game that will use 100% of a system's power because it would be completely unplayable.

FishyJoe said:
I also have to wonder what they mean by using XX%. Anyone knows that if you get anywhere close to 100% you will almost certainly run into frame rate and other problems. There is NEVER going to be a game that will use 100% of a system's power because it would be completely unplayable.

I think the same way *nods*

I think it would be more of 20 % .... well , lets hope that one day we will see a developer that will use 90 % + from the PS3s power :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Do people honestly believe anything like this? 2%??? It just boggles the mind to try to comprehend what people think the PS3 is capable of. If KZ2 comes out and Guerilla starts laughing.... "Oh yeah we only used 16.345% of the PS3" i'm gonna lose it.

Games always get better as people get more familiar with the architecture and i'm sure the PS3 will have some truly breathtaking games however they don't get 50x better! This interview is a PR joke.

Around the Network

2% of the CPU or GPU? I always hate these 'we've only tapped x% of the system's capabilities' claims because generally they are bunk and don't have anything solid to back up said claim.

I'm pretty sure pretty much EVERY PS3 game uses well more than 2% of the GPU's capability, even if they don't really tap the power of the cell's SPU's.

Also, someone can use, let's say 50%, and achieve better results than someone using 80% with clever programming. Not that "power usage" can be measured, they are just guessing there.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean 2% literally. It's just a figure of speech to suggest that there is a lot of room for improvement. 2% would be ridiculous (although it would a lot more than NES level, Retrasado. Actually a lot more than N64 or PS1).

2% is too low. He's just trying to get some publicity for his game.

2%? naa. 20%? Maybe. But how can you claim a figure when there is nothing else to compare it to?

Strange/

Good to see this site is still going