By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These forums will be hilarious if Next Xbox is more powerful than PS4

Would the meltdowns be epic?

Yes 237 59.25%

No 107 26.75%

Maybe 53 13.25%

Total:397
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
psrock said:
http://beyond3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

plus Neogaf

Well yeah those two places. But which sources? Thuway? Proelite? Bgassassin? Don't think I have seen anyone give the nod when it comes to the GPU to the nextbox so far. Neither has vgleaks or Edge. But there has been talks of some impressive stuff on the CPU side of the nextbox tho

Edge has been pretty much in the money with the ps4 stuff..chances are they are with the nextbox as well

but who knows MS might come out and say Gotcha suckas! in April lol

alright, after reading gaf, the first dev kit, Durango had a better GPU, but MS changed it to a much weaker GPU. Now, we are waiting on the new kits, but Orbis also have a kit coming this summer that is rumored to have an optimised CPU. So no matter what MS do, Sony seemed to be matching it. 

Yep at least rumor wise Sony is doing a better job spec wise. My worry is the price + games. So far so good but they need to really bring it in the upcoming events

This goes for MS as well obviously

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
psrock said:

Reading from neogaf, they may have the same CPU, but MS has spent more time optimising it. 

From what I understand that might not work out for them power wise. Though a tweak CPU might help, it might be more dedicated to Kinect and when you consider 3GB RAM OS that extra oomph might go towards non gaming purposes. The DDR3 will help the CPU, but the ESRAM solution will not make up for the difference GDDR5 offers the GPU. Maybe those Move Engines will do something but as far as we know those power an esspresso machine.

For games, going GPU heavy with fast RAM is much better. I'm not sure what MS is trying to pull off with a stronger CPU but if that is meant to make up for a weaker GPU it will just make development harder, if not made up for with their dev tools. Either way the PS4 set up just screams better, and we don't know what kind of optimizations they've done or how effective their dev tools are, as they've trended improved very recently as in the case with Vita.

If rumors are true, MS must have something interesting to show with Kinect 2.0 or something else. If they can knock it out of the park, that's good, because Sony's OS and Gaikai streaming future looks really smooth. Unless every Gaikai feature is delayed instead of reasonably unrolled whatver Xbox OS plans MS has might just seem on par.

Ah, I can't wait till their reveal!

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

gooch_destroyer said:
BenVTrigger said:
It's funny people saying it wouldn't matter.

Then why does this thread have over 140 replies and so many votes on the poll? People obviously care

I care about the games son!

As do I.  In real life I couldnt care less about system specs or "TEH CONZOL WARZ"

But in forums meltdown are always a blast.  Seriously the beginning of a new generation is always the funnest time in forums

BenVTrigger said:
gooch_destroyer said:
BenVTrigger said:
It's funny people saying it wouldn't matter.

Then why does this thread have over 140 replies and so many votes on the poll? People obviously care

I care about the games son!

As do I.  In real life I couldnt care less about system specs or "TEH CONZOL WARZ"

But in forums meltdown are always a blast.  Seriously the beginning of a new generation is always the funnest time in forums

and youtube vids of people claiming that their console is the best and talk about the specs.

M.U.G.E.N said:

Yep at least rumor wise Sony is doing a better job spec wise. My worry is the price + games. So far so good but they need to really bring it in the upcoming events

This goes for MS as well obviously

I'm beggining to think Sony is able and willling to sell for a bigger loss than we are assuming. Yoshida talked about the PS3 launch and the upcoming PS4 launch and he has said things like, the PS4 hasn't cost us the factories or the research that made the PS3 so expensive, and we have ways to subsidize off our costs.

If Sony was willing to spend a billion in Cell development and sell the console at a $240-$300, I'm beginning to think they'd be plenty okay selling at a $200 loss. Given the total cost of everything in box and shipped will probably be over $500. I don't think they will sell at a crazy loss because of shareholders and recent financial troubles though, but $399 should make the cut easy.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Chark said:
psrock said:

Reading from neogaf, they may have the same CPU, but MS has spent more time optimising it. 

From what I understand that might not work out for them power wise. Though a tweak CPU might help, it might be more dedicated to Kinect and when you consider 3GB RAM OS that extra oomph might go towards non gaming purposes. The DDR3 will help the CPU, but the ESRAM solution will not make up for the difference GDDR5 offers the GPU. Maybe those Move Engines will do something but as far as we know those power an esspresso machine.

For games, going GPU heavy with fast RAM is much better. I'm not sure what MS is trying to pull off with a stronger CPU but if that is meant to make up for a weaker GPU it will just make development harder, if not made up for with their dev tools. Either way the PS4 set up just screams better, and we don't know what kind of optimizations they've done or how effective their dev tools are, as they've trended improved very recently as in the case with Vita.

If rumors are true, MS must have something interesting to show with Kinect 2.0 or something else. If they can knock it out of the park, that's good, because Sony's OS and Gaikai streaming future looks really smooth. Unless every Gaikai feature is delayed instead of reasonably unrolled whatver Xbox OS plans MS has might just seem on par.

Ah, I can't wait till their reveal!

They have to upgrade the CPU and GPU to at least match Orbis. Sony is going for the gamers while MS is going after the Apple store crowd, tv , google all at once. I expect huge tv integration, DVR, talking and listen like siri Kinect 

But, I also belive Sony has it too and not saying anything yet.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
VGKing said:
ironmanDX said:
The meltdown would be epic. Why isn't there a meltdown already? The most powerful console has never won.

The console with the best combination of games/technology/price has always won.

We can assume PS4 will have the games and technology. It sure as hell won't have the PS3's price problems. So I'd say the odds are pretty good. The next Xbox also has a high chance to win next-gen. A $50 price difference won't matter, it will come down to exclusives and marketing.

What exclusives do Sony have so far for the ps4? MS have something like 5 in the works with there own studios and Destiny might/probably will be timed.

MS will easily beat Sony out for marketing too, then the price will also be in their favor. MS are in a really good position.

Sony are in a good spot to though. It will be interesting.

ironmanDX said:
VGKing said:
ironmanDX said:
The meltdown would be epic. Why isn't there a meltdown already? The most powerful console has never won.

The console with the best combination of games/technology/price has always won.

We can assume PS4 will have the games and technology. It sure as hell won't have the PS3's price problems. So I'd say the odds are pretty good. The next Xbox also has a high chance to win next-gen. A $50 price difference won't matter, it will come down to exclusives and marketing.

What exclusives do Sony have so far for the ps4? MS have something like 5 in the works with there own studios and Destiny might/probably will be timed.

MS will easily beat Sony out for marketing too, then the price will also be in their favor. MS are in a really good position.

Sony are in a good spot to though. It will be interesting.

LOL!

Destiny has already been revealed to be comign to PS4. It will even have exclusive content. You should have watched the Playstation Meeting.

It's funny how you say that MS has 5 exclusives in the works yet completely ignore the PS4 exclusives ALREADY ANNOUNCED with more to come at E3.

Announced PS4 exclusives

-Knack
-Killzone Shadow Fall
-inFamous Second Son
-Drive Club
-The Witness

I'd say Diablo 3 as well but that is already on PC. I

platformmaster918 said:
I'm a Sony fan and I really don't care. PS4 is a big leap is what that presentation showed me and the RAM in it will ensure quick app switching, boot up time, and loading times along with bigger environments and 1080p gaming. I buy Sony systems because they have the best first party stable in the industry. I'm buying it for SSM, GG, ND, SP, QD, Polyphony, PSN games, Evolution, free online (for basics and awesome game giveaways with plus), and hardcore gamer catering. This is what Sony has repeatedly emphasized even when recently a news reporter kept asking Tretton if there were enough hardcores to support them and he basically said that there were and that he hopes to convert those cell phone gamers to hardcore ones because PS4 will offer such a rich experience. Given my experience with their last 3 home consoles I'm inclined to believe him.

So all the rumors about a pay system don't concern you?

Soriku said:
I agree, it would be hilarious to see the Nextbox cost $599 as a result.

Plus no used games, always online, and paid online services to boot.

Now that would be even funnier.

Would suck for gamers but my god the threads would be absolute insanity.