By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Will VGChartz ever Cease to Exist? How would you feel?

Tagged games:

How would you feel?

It's just a site, who cares? 11 21.57%

I'd miss it a little, bu... 6 11.76%

I'd miss it quite a bit,... 11 21.57%

I'd miss it a lot... Not... 10 19.61%

I'd cry. A lot. 13 25.49%

Total:51

I'd probably go back to trolling yahoo news articles.

Around the Network

Neogaf.

Anyway it seems like the ioi is giving less and less attention to the site numbers in the latests months... so sad.

ioi said:

In what way?

I don't know... I just felt that before the numbers are more in line with the companies releases like Financial Reports, NPD, GFK, third-party publishers, etc... but since mid 2012 the numbers became a little off (more than before) with huge discrepancies sometimes.

Well that's how I feel about the site... maybe it is just like the end of a gen makes harder to estimate sales or the inclusion of digital sales in every game.

There are consoles and games sales with huge difference from the others tracking or publishers data show to us.

Edit - BTW you did a great job all these years with the tracking... thanks for share that with us for free.

I've been here since '07 posting regularly.

It'd be sad. But in another way, kind of a relief, I spend too much time here.

What brings me to VGChartz are the few people I know here. As long as they continue to exist and I can keep in touch with them, I'll be fine.

Around the Network

I would be sad as it takes up a lot of my time when I am online. I'm not even a member on any other gaming/sales site.

besides my Nintendo family is here

Oh hi ioi! I didn't notice you there for a sec *edits out all the bad stuff I said about the site*

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

ioi said:

By the way guys, quit with the doom and gloom - VGChartz isn't going anywhere

Any plans to improve/change VGChartz in the near future? Or will it be status quo for the foreseeable future?

ioi said:

Any specific examples? I don't know of any reason why anything would have changed - same data and same methods we have been using for 3-4 years now.

Without checking I have a good one...

DS lifetime sales as of end of 2012: 153,707,490
DS shipped data as of end of 2012: 153.67m 

In this case it is not I can't believe in VGC data because this scenario is impossible.

There are more cases not too obvious like that... 2+ million on shelves for 360 at the same perid is hard to believe... and there are a lot of software with odd numbers too.

ioi said:

By the way guys, quit with the doom and gloom - VGChartz isn't going anywhere

that's good to hear :) I am mainly here for the sales chartz and not really because of the forum...

so, do you have any plans about tracking digital sales in the future (if that's possible)?

ioi said:

Yes, sorry we missed that 0.02% error

I understand that... the error is small. The issue is any other 0.02% error will not make the number not reliable but this specific 0.02% error makes the number not reliable because it is impossible. I think this kind of error is more important than a 10% error in others numbers.

I don't know if you understood what I'm trying to say... I'm having trouble with the language know to give you a better explanation.