By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 149: the number of 3rd party developers/publishers for PS4!

nice but where's epic?

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
nice but where's epic?

I don't think they're making games anymore.

So we have a thread talking about the awesome 3rd party support and now we needed another one to put a number on it?

Lawlight said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
nice but where's epic?

I don't think they're making games anymore.

not sure if serious. well they've never made allot of games anyway.

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
nice but where's epic?

They're supporting it with a tech demo!

lol

150 is really not that many at this point in time ...

A large portion of PS3 and XBox 360 games took 3 (or more) years to produce, with the level of graphics people are expecting from the PS4 that will (probably) be the norm for that platform (with big budget games potentially taking 4+ years), and you usually see 200+ games released every year for a platform that has strong third party support.

Essentially, 150 development teams could probably produce 150 games a year for the Nintendo DS, 100 games a year for the Wii/3DS/PSP, 50 to 75 games a year for the PS3/XBox 360/Wii U/PS-Vita, or 25 to 50 games a year for the PS4/'XBox 720' ...

Around the Network

Well its a good sign isnt it. I think the PS4 will not have the same software problem the ps3 had in its first year and the vita have.

But as others mentioned there will be also a lot of puplishers mentioned which only bring some cheap games and not full retail games. But anyway the list is full packed and promise a lot of support from thebeginning which is the most important thing to be succesfull the next generation.

I say it a lot of times software is what sells hardware.

No Natsume support? PS4 is doomed.

i love how the lists include the Sony divisions. As if its a possibility they wouldnt develop for it

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Let's see how many of these actually turn into games. Didn't we see similar lists for Wii U, Vita and 3DS? Maybe not as many (I remember them being around 100-120) but still, I need to see dem games first!

Impressive list, though. Most of the usual suspects which is a good sign.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ok so the interesting question is...who's missing? Epic? Who else?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey