By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cysis 3 or Far Cry 3?

ishiki said:

I thought Far Cry 3 was overrated imo, and while more open... atleast crysis 1 and 2 are a somewhat challenging on harder difficulties. If I want an open world RPG game, I'd rather play an open world RPG game with good RPG and dialogue mechanics. And if I'm going to play a shooter I'd rather play a shooter with good mechanics and somewhat challenging gameplay.

Doesn't Far Cry 3 have an option to choose difficulty level?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
ishiki said:

I thought Far Cry 3 was overrated imo, and while more open... atleast crysis 1 and 2 are a somewhat challenging on harder difficulties. If I want an open world RPG game, I'd rather play an open world RPG game with good RPG and dialogue mechanics. And if I'm going to play a shooter I'd rather play a shooter with good mechanics and somewhat challenging gameplay.

Hard is honestly pretty easy if you bother to do a few side activities, I ended up artificially limiting myself to make it more challenging like only using explosives, just fire bassed weapons etc. There were only a couple places during the main story I had trouble with mostly not having the right tools for the job or cheap deaths that I couldn't avoid.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Slimebeast said:
ishiki said:

Hard is honestly pretty easy if you bother to do a few side activities, I ended up artificially limiting myself to make it more challenging like only using explosives, just fire bassed weapons etc. There were only a couple places during the main story I had trouble with mostly not having the right tools for the job or cheap deaths that I couldn't avoid.

i just cleared an enemy camp undetected using a grenade launcher...FC 3 is all rather easy unless you are focusing on actual close up stealth

I know Crysis 3 only from gameplays, trailers and reviews, but I played Far Cry 3 and I can totally recommend it! It's one of the best games of 2012.

Slimebeast said:
ishiki said:

everything I described is on the hardest difficulty level. (which I generally always play in shooters).

I was a bit harsh in my statement, because it is a good game and has some good mechanics. Just way, way too easy, which for me in a shooter, that is not good.

There's some mods though I haven't played, because I beat it before that came out. That makes this game harder, and probably better than crysis 2, and maybe 3 (haven't played it beyond beta).