By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. PC - Graphics comparison

NintendoPie said:
Most of the time it seems that PC looks better. Especially Project Cars.

really from the two screen shots i thought the car in project cars looked very ordinary , then again the PS4 car didn't look much different to the high end  ones in GT5 to me.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

horrible comparison because those ps4 games are early and we haven't even seen more then minutes of gameplay, while those pc games are completed and we have the whole game to get the best looking pics from, those ps4 games may very well end up looking better, those pics of kill zone are not mind blowing like the video was, i'm sure when the game comes out some will take pics that do them justice.

Crysis 3 on PC, maxed out, looks better than anything we have seen for PS4 so far.
The PS4 may pass Crysis 3 as developers learn to make the most of the hardware, but by then PC games will have moved on as well.

PCs and consoles will never really be a fair comparison.

zero129 said:
Chark said:
I think PS4 wins in every example.

i think the PC examples are some bad shots, except for Project Cars no way does PS4 win in that one as an owner of Project Cars beats that PS4 racing game hands down.

For instance Crysis 3 should be compared to Killzone 4 (crysis 3 single player). Hitman is a great looking game but watchdogs or whatever its called is going to be a better looking game, plus them shots of it your looking at are PC shots so in this case its one older PC game being compared to a newer PC game.

I cant remember what the other games was lulz xD

I just got the shot from Watch Dogs from what they released on the PS4 event. Also, surely comparing Crysis 3 to Killzone 4 would be better, but these games have nothing similar environment-wise. Of course, Crysis Warhead doesn't either, but the color palette makes it much more similar to Killzone 4 than Crysis 3 and, therefore, easier to compare graphically-wise. And, seeing as PS4 hasn't released yet, every game being compared to it will be older PC games. If you could find better screens for comparison, it would be nice to post them here. Those were the most similar, environment/graphic-style wise, I could find.

curl-6 said:
Crysis 3 on PC, maxed out, looks better than anything we have seen for PS4 so far.
The PS4 may pass Crysis 3 as developers learn to make the most of the hardware, but by then PC games will have moved on as well.

PCs and consoles will never really be a fair comparison.

yes crysis does, because its 60 fps but we haven't really seen much from ps4, it's just a taste, E3 we will get the full course. BF4 should be astonshing.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
dahuman said:

lol, na that wasn't me, the draw distance in PS2 is pretty ridiculous though, they could have made it even further but that'd give people with better PCs too much of an advantage for taking people out from a distance. Props to Sony Online Entertainment though, shows what can be done on PCs when the game is made for PC first to support 2000 players per map lol.

ps: those smoke are rockets that just landed lol, you get a lot of crazy explosions in the game, it's pretty awesome.

Ok, good.  I never really like to offend anybody or attack them, if they don't deserve it.  So, I'm glad it wasn't you.  

Don't want to derail the thread, but how is planetside 2.  I've heard about it and always wanted to play it, but have never got around to it.

it's pretty awesome, a little learning curve like any game but it has an active community and the devs stream every Friday on Twitchtv as well.

EricFabian said:
Chark said:
I think PS4 wins in every example.

no. You don't

Looking at Planetside 2 now and I see, but for OP examples no. Crysis maybe. Project cars looks great but Drive Club takes it, though I'm working with limited information. Maybe it is just the car detail I'm seeing, but Drive Club looks great.

Planetside 2 at night with a spotlight and the explosion/smoke from the flying craft are excellent. Killzone still looks amazing and I'm looking forward to what it offers later and in different environments.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

zero129 said:
pezus said:
disolitude said:
Sonic Generations in motion at 120 frames per second on a 120hz monitor is the best looking game ever made.

I am partially joking obviously but it really is hypnotizing seeing things go so fast and look so smooth.

What about the karting game then? I can imagine that looking stunning

You really need to buy Sonic transformed, it really is one of the best racing games on PC, and has a great community aroun it on steam, since i got it i got like 50 new friends on steam lulz xD .

But really dude you should get it just so i can kick your ass. That goes out to all the other PC players in this thread, get the game on PC send me a challange and be ready to get wooped xD.

waiting for mario kart Wii U personally, make sure to add your user name in the Nintendo user name OT if you ever get a Wii U

ninjablade said:

horrible comparison because those ps4 games are early and we haven't even seen more then minutes of gameplay, while those pc games are completed and we have the whole game to get the best looking pics from, those ps4 games may very well end up looking better, those pics of kill zone are not mind blowing like the video was, i'm sure when the game comes out some will take pics that do them justice.

Like I said before, what's being compared here is what is possible to be compared right now, PC ports from 360/PS3 games and a 2008 exclusive(because of environment similarities) designed to run on old GPUs and CPUs. PS4 games being early doesn't change the fact that this is 2012/2013 hardware incredibly similar to PC hardware and they have more and faster RAM to work with than what's possible right now on PC. There is a thread comparing PS4 games to Wii games graphically wise, just thought it would be nice to see how they scale with competitive hardware(PC).

RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:

Like I said before, what's being compared here is what is possible to be compared, PC ports from 360/PS3 games and a 2008 exclusive(because of environment similarities) designed to run on old GPUs and CPUs. PS4 games being early doesn't change the fact that this is 2012/2013 hardware incredibly similar to PC hardware and they have more and faster RAM to work with than what's possible right now on PC. There is a thread comparing PS4 games to Wii games graphically wise, just thought it would be nice to see how they scale with competitive hardware(PC).

is hitman 2 an open world game, and still watch dogs looks much better, killzone 3 looks better then those games from the video i watched, and GT5 will look as good, if not better then project cars. still to make a techincal comparison we need to compare one game at a time.