By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. PC - Graphics comparison

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
Crysis 3 on PC, maxed out, looks better than anything we have seen for PS4 so far.
The PS4 may pass Crysis 3 as developers learn to make the most of the hardware, but by then PC games will have moved on as well.

PCs and consoles will never really be a fair comparison.

yes crysis does, because its 60 fps but we haven't really seen much from ps4, it's just a taste, E3 we will get the full course. BF4 should be astonshing.

I agree that we've only seen a taste of what PS4 is capable of. That's how it is with new consoles, devs need time to adjust. Come on, in the spirit of cross-fanbase friendship, let's also agree that the same is true of Wii U. ;)

Around the Network
dahuman said:

it's pretty awesome, a little learning curve like any game but it has an active community and the devs stream every Friday on Twitchtv as well.

I'll have to check it out.

ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:

horrible comparison because those ps4 games are early and we haven't even seen more then minutes of gameplay, while those pc games are completed and we have the whole game to get the best looking pics from, those ps4 games may very well end up looking better, those pics of kill zone are not mind blowing like the video was, i'm sure when the game comes out some will take pics that do them justice.

Like I said before, what's being compared here is what is possible to be compared, PC ports from 360/PS3 games and a 2008 exclusive(because of environment similarities) designed to run on old GPUs and CPUs. PS4 games being early doesn't change the fact that this is 2012/2013 hardware incredibly similar to PC hardware and they have more and faster RAM to work with than what's possible right now on PC. There is a thread comparing PS4 games to Wii games graphically wise, just thought it would be nice to see how they scale with competitive hardware(PC).

is hitman 2 an open world game, and still watch dogs looks much better, killzone 3 looks better then those games from the video i watched, and GT5 will look as good, if not better then project cars. still to make a techincal comparison we need to compare one game at a time.

You mean Drive Club? (PS4) Because Gran Tursmo 5 (PS3)certainly doesn't look better than Project Cars.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
Crysis 3 on PC, maxed out, looks better than anything we have seen for PS4 so far.
The PS4 may pass Crysis 3 as developers learn to make the most of the hardware, but by then PC games will have moved on as well.

PCs and consoles will never really be a fair comparison.

yes crysis does, because its 60 fps but we haven't really seen much from ps4, it's just a taste, E3 we will get the full course. BF4 should be astonshing.

I agree that we've only seen a taste of what PS4 is capable of. That's how it is with new consoles, devs need time to adjust. Come on, in the spirit of cross-fanbase friendship, let's also agree that the same is true of Wii U. ;)

i'm sorry i can't agree with you, because we don't know what kind of gpu is in the wiiu. i even emailed richard from DF, after him seeing need for speed wiiu, and he thinks its very possible, some make a petation for nintendo to tell us the specs, hell they won't even let developers talk the systems bandwidth or any bottle- necks cause of NDA.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:

horrible comparison because those ps4 games are early and we haven't even seen more then minutes of gameplay, while those pc games are completed and we have the whole game to get the best looking pics from, those ps4 games may very well end up looking better, those pics of kill zone are not mind blowing like the video was, i'm sure when the game comes out some will take pics that do them justice.

Like I said before, what's being compared here is what is possible to be compared, PC ports from 360/PS3 games and a 2008 exclusive(because of environment similarities) designed to run on old GPUs and CPUs. PS4 games being early doesn't change the fact that this is 2012/2013 hardware incredibly similar to PC hardware and they have more and faster RAM to work with than what's possible right now on PC. There is a thread comparing PS4 games to Wii games graphically wise, just thought it would be nice to see how they scale with competitive hardware(PC).

is hitman 2 an open world game, and still watch dogs looks much better, killzone 3 looks better then those games from the video i watched, and GT5 will look as good, if not better then project cars. still to make a techincal comparison we need to compare one game at a time.

You mean Drive Club? (PS4) Because Gran Tursmo 5 (PS3)certainly doesn't look better than Project Cars.

I MEANT GT6 ON PS4, SORRY.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:

That's your opinion, and that was my intention in creating this thread, to hear out what people think. IMO, what we're seeing here is a incredible similarity between these old and ported games and those first shown PS4 titles. Of course, this is no indicative of PS4 graphics capability, as only time will tell us the difference, and based on specs, it should probably do a lot better than what was shown with those first-batch games.

Its hard to give a fair assessment. Console development is frozen in time, where PC development is ever evolving. When Sony took to making the PS4 with certain specs, they were frozen in time, as the PC continued to get stronger and faster.

The PS4 will be somewhat as powerful as my 2011 PC rig - my specs are 6 core (6x 3.2 ghz) AMD, 16 Gb ram, radeon 5790 with 1 Gb vram. For another $180, I can get a vid card that's significantly stronger than my current one.

Overall, not a bad setup for 2011 at all, built for $500, with 3 Tb storage. I've not had a need to upgrade anything in it yet, I've been happy with the way it plays games, edits indie films and runs adobe after effects processing. =)

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:

That's your opinion, and that was my intention in creating this thread, to hear out what people think. IMO, what we're seeing here is a incredible similarity between these old and ported games and those first shown PS4 titles. Of course, this is no indicative of PS4 graphics capability, as only time will tell us the difference, and based on specs, it should probably do a lot better than what was shown with those first-batch games.

I just watched the video of killzone again, the lighting, effects, animation, detail, sh't going screen and partical effects, watch the video again and remove your biase,  the only thing that might look better is crysis 3 on max settings. i can't even find a nitpick on the graphics, what the the hell iare the graphics lacking? the only thing i can think is it's not 60fps.

Most of your comparisons aren't fair. Watchdogs was running on a PC, Crysis Warhead is 4 years old, and Sonic Generations is a console game that doesn't take advantage of high-end PCs.

Drive Club and Project Cards look the same to me, though.

RazorDragon said:
BluGamer23 said:
Enough with the highend PC vs PS4 comparison... gawd.. thats just stupid .. now or in future. PS4 cant compare!

I even put 2008 games(Crysis Warhead) there in the comparison, designed to run on 9xxx GTX series GPU with maximum of 1GB VRAM and Core 2 Quads. That's not really high-end PC vs PS4 comparison, unless PS4 released in 2008...

you cannot be serious now ?.. you are comparing a 2008 game to something newly developed ?..