By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima says MGS: Ground Zeroes may be too risky to publish, sell

ethomaz said:

1) Fans hates MGS2... I like it but it's a little boring after you are forced to play with Raiden (80% of the game).
2) Snake is a clone of Big Boss... so the same char.
3) Again... add nothing to Metal Gear and just it name to try sell some copies of the game... if you changed the name and remove the Raiden you will see the game is another Platinum game.

1) That's odd. Considering your love for Snake, that statement makes me think you have not played MGS2. Yes, indeed, you play as Raiden. But Pliskin is always alongisde him. He outsmarts you in everything. Even in the Sniper challenge. Or when you fight side to side inside Metal Gear. He gets to deliver the final speech of the game, for christ sake! You didn't understand the point of MGS2, it seems.

2) Yeah...so do Liquid and Solidus. And they are not the same char, even with being clones xD

3) That's right. But you would also need to remove the Metal Gears, Sunny, the Snake's references, the Patriot's references (On wich the story is built upon), the nanomachine's references, the iconic sound and the Soliton radar, the endgame award, the extras and the VR missions too. Then...yeah, it would be another Platinum game...

Around the Network

After Reading these comments, the "Ground Zeroes" moniker makes more sense to me......

Ground Zero is a militant term for locations of any highly dangerous zone or point of impact of somekind of disaster.

More importantly, there have been a sequence of such disasters that have been known as Ground Zero.
-September 11th
-Pearl Harbor incident
-Luscitanea
-etc.

I realize there is a reoccuring theme in many of our upcoming titles, a pattern if you will that I have noticed many times before. Many games are going to be featuring concepts dealing with the "information age" and its suttle methods of manipulation. Remember Me, Infamous Second Son, DmC, Watch Dogs....and possibly Ground Zero

Kojima might attempt to tell the story on how the US government is purposly allowing/orchestrating terrorist attacks on it's own people in order to convince them to relenquish even more freedoms. He has already made many sly passes at this fact in previous games. I remember in MGS4, Eva gives a monologue about in the hight of war the govt commisions the increase of war based video games to seduce young men into joining and sway opinion.

Would so buy that game....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Wright said:

1) That's odd. Considering your love for Snake, that statement makes me think you have not played MGS2. Yes, indeed, you play as Raiden. But Pliskin is always alongisde him. He outsmarts you in everything. Even in the Sniper challenge. Or when you fight side to side inside Metal Gear. He gets to deliver the final speech of the game, for christ sake! You didn't understand the point of MGS2, it seems.

2) Yeah...so do Liquid and Solidus. And they are not the same char, even with being clones xD

3) That's right. But you would also need to remove the Metal Gears, Sunny, the Snake's references, the Patriot's references (On wich the story is built upon), the nanomachine's references, the iconic sound and the Soliton radar, the endgame award, the extras and the VR missions too. Then...yeah, it would be another Platinum game...

1) Nooooooo... saw the Snake in action is not the same thing to play with it... that the biggest issue with MGS2.. that's make the game boring (the start is alwesome at least).

2) Sanke is more like Big Boss than the others ... not personality but phisical.

3) That the bad part of Rising... the story... so bad... so non-Metal Gear :(.

pezus said:

Over the past 25 year I have tried to work with the Metal Gear series to introduce more mature themes

Really?

He had me fooled.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

ethomaz said:

1) Nooooooo... saw the Snake in action is not the same thing to play with it... that the biggest issue with MGS2.. that's make the game boring (the start is alwesome at least).

2) Sanke is more like Big Boss than the others ... not personality but phisical.

3) That the bad part of Rising... the story... so bad... so non-Metal Gear :(.

1º) I beg to differ, but well...it goes down the path of opinion. So I'll respect this too.

2º) Snake is way, way more different than Big Boss. And I don't agree, they look alike xD (Except when Snaky gets old), but they do not share the same thinking. Snake always looked up to Big Boss, yet the latter was a truly asshole with his pupil. Snake never lost his will and always kept his ideals close to him. Big Boss, on the other hand, changes his mind like...3 or 4 times during the whole Metal Gear saga, and thus almost creating a non-stop world war in order to satisfy his desire for fighting. He completely missed the point made by The Boss. He only realized this in MGS4. And don't forget, he screwed Snake twice. He even fought him once when Snake was unnarmed.

3º) You've played it? I though it was okay. Not the cutscenes quality of Metal Gear Solid saga, but Raiden's motivation and the villain's overall plot was very well fleshed-out.

Around the Network

There's no hype like Kojima hype. He's such a master that he makes it look easy.