By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dreaming to ZELDA Wii U

Roma said:

Aonuma goes on to warn: "So when we show a graphic demo, people think, 'Oh, this is what the next Zelda will look like,' but that's not necessarily the case."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/310085/wii-u-zelda-wont-necessarily-look-like-e3-demo/

and then later on in the ND he said they came up with a totally unique stile for the new game

Paper Zelda confirmed.

Around the Network

Plz NO HYPERREALISM

I think Zelda U will go with a realistic style, but with some unique slant to it. It will be better looking than the tech demo. Nintendo is under pressure to sell systems right now, so they will make a Zelda with the most appeal. It will look like TP or OoT to at least some extent.

Wind Waker HD will appease those who like toon Link. It will appeal to kids to get them on board for the big Zelda in 2014. I think we'll get our first glimps of it at E3.

Pavolink said:
Cheebee said:

We already know what Zelda in HD on WiiU will look like, sillies. Nintendo themselves showed us.

Zelda Wii U

Nah, you posted a Skyward Sword screen, you sillie! Everyone knows that's from Nintendo's SS E3 video. Look at it, it's not even HD! Zelda WiiU will feature much more graphics!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

Nah, you posted a Skyward Sword screen, you sillie! Everyone knows that's from Nintendo's SS E3 video. Look at it, it's not even HD! Zelda WiiU will feature much more graphics!

It's not E3, but yes is Skyward Sword. Anyway, I believe that is how SS will translate in Wii U (obviously is a CGI).

Looks better than Wind Waker remake.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

We already know what Zelda in HD on WiiU will look like, sillies. Nintendo themselves showed us.

I don't care if people were disappointed about this remake , but that looks gorgeos.

Pavolink said:
Cheebee said:

It's not E3, but yes is Skyward Sword. Anyway, I believe that is how SS will translate in Wii U (obviously is a CGI).

Looks better than Wind Waker remake.

It's not? I think I remember that vid from the E3 before SS released... Could've sworn so! Well maybe it was some similar event?

Also, I agree it looks very great! However, I don't think that's what they'll go with. I think it'll be a tad more 'dark', but not overly so. Perhaps something in between that SS CGI shot and the WiiU Zelda tech demo in your sig.

Anyway! To me that's not so important, as I'm sure it will look fantastic. I'm just wondering what the controls will be like! Aonuma literally said the motion controls for SS were great, and he didn't think they could go back to traditional controls anymore after that. I guess I agree (same for Metroid Prime, as a side note), but I also doubt they'll neglect the GamePad, as that's the WiiU's hook. Maybe some sort of hybrid, or an option to select either one...

Cheebee said:

It's not? I think I remember that vid from the E3 before SS released... Could've sworn so! Well maybe it was some similar event?

Also, I agree it looks very great! However, I don't think that's what they'll go with. I think it'll be a tad more 'dark', but not overly so. Perhaps something in between that SS CGI shot and the WiiU Zelda tech demo in your sig.

Anyway! To me that's not so important, as I'm sure it will look fantastic. I'm just wondering what the controls will be like! Aonuma literally said the motion controls for SS were great, and he didn't think they could go back to traditional controls anymore after that. I guess I agree (same for Metroid Prime, as a side note), but I also doubt they'll neglect the GamePad, as that's the WiiU's hook. Maybe some sort of hybrid, or an option to select either one...

It is from the Nintendo 3DS October Conference 2011. It feels that day like an E3 when they announced MH3G and MH4 for 3DS.

I agree in the artstyle aspect, thought. Nintendo could go for something in the middle, something like the original artwork piece for SS revealed at E3 2009. Considering they believe WW remake (looks gorgeous) is the perfect fit for newcomers, a more gritty-dark style is almost a given for the second one.

On the gameplay, Gamepad will be the main controller. Wii remote will not have support this time. I hope the controller pro is supported.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Cheebee said:

It is from the Nintendo 3DS October Conference 2011. It feels that day like an E3 when they announced MH3G and MH4 for 3DS.

I agree in the artstyle aspect, thought. Nintendo could go for something in the middle, something like the original artwork piece for SS revealed at E3 2009. Considering they believe WW remake (looks gorgeous) is the perfect fit for newcomers, a more gritty-dark style is almost a given for the second one.

On the gameplay, Gamepad will be the main controller. Wii remote will not have support this time. I hope the controller pro is supported.

You're right. But so was I, it seems, 'cos before that, it wasshown at E3 2010, haha. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uOFYeTsT7g

As for your last line, well, that's simply speculation right now. Obviously the Gamepad should be the main controller, unless they bundle every copy of the game with a wiimote+ (which they won't), but they could easily opt for motion controls as an option. They already have all the groundwork for that from SS.