By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Megaton predictions for PS4 at E3/TGS

DietSoap said:
$350 number is absolute horseshit for multiple reasons, it reminds me of when everyone was saying the Wii U was going to be $200. Anyone seriously expecting $350 is going to be seriously disappointed, there's even a very good chance it'll be $450 (though I'm betting on $400).

Tagging anyways for the other stuff.

I'm betting on $399.

Around the Network

Price should not be $349 Sony will be throwing away money because I believe the system will sell through its stock at $400. Such a low price wouldn't afford them any more sales, just less revenue.

sales2099 said:
Didn't anybody learn the lesson this week? You over hype things and the reality will always fall short. You can and have every right to be excited, but make realistic predictions.

From my memory, every E3 from the past few years is a disappointment to everybody. Its not about who "won" but who "disappointed the least". Then again, we do have 2 new consoles to showcase, so I hope I am wrong here.

That's a really good point - the last E3's have been about who sucked the least. If we get to see both the nextbox and more PS4, hopefull it'll be a great showdown.

I remember reading in one of my old Game Masters that people though PS3 would launch for £180. Funnily enough, it don't even retail for that 6 years after launch! PS4 won't be cheap but it shouldn't so expensive either. I expect it to cost £300 to £350 at launch. Expensive but not the £425, PS3 launched for

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

superchunk said:
$100 for APU
$100 for 8GB GDDR5 RAM
$50 for 1TB HDD (they'll need large HDD due to forced game installs)
$25 BR Drive
$25 rest of mobo and innards
$25 for 3D PSEye
$15 for DualShock4
$15 for various connectors and packaging
$5 for powercord/brick

That's about $360 in total parts for the package. Not including any assembly, storage, shipping, or retail margin.

AT A BEST CASE SCENARIO you'll see it at $399 for some base sku with no game and Sony selling it at a reasonable loss. More than likely we'll see it at $429 to $499. Same as neXtBox.

$15 for DualShock seems low.

Shipping is a huge cost. Who do you think has to pay for transporting millions of PS4's to stores.

Manufacturing, R&D are also huge costs. 

$400 is a low estimate for the cheap SKU. $500 for the bigger HDD. 

Around the Network

I hope what your saying is correct, but i am doubtful.

Something...Something...Games...Something

TrevDaRev said:
Have you heard anymore rumours, OP?

Sorry for the wait! I have heard a few more rumors, nothing specific though.. I'm not entitled to get more since I spill all of them here ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

arminuk said:
DanneSandin said:

Alright if you name me that xbox game if it comes true ill give u £1000 u got my word and if u lost ill have ur username ? Deal 

Sorry for the long wait... I'd love to take that bet, but I've promised not to name the game... Although... it really shouldn't be too hard to tell what game I'm refering to

JakDaSnack said:
I hope what your saying is correct, but i am doubtful.

From what I can tell this source seems quite trustworthy, and considering all the bets I've been taking I also hope I'm right ^^

9087 said:
superchunk said:
$100 for APU
$100 for 8GB GDDR5 RAM
$50 for 1TB HDD (they'll need large HDD due to forced game installs)
$25 BR Drive
$25 rest of mobo and innards
$25 for 3D PSEye
$15 for DualShock4
$15 for various connectors and packaging
$5 for powercord/brick

That's about $360 in total parts for the package. Not including any assembly, storage, shipping, or retail margin.

AT A BEST CASE SCENARIO you'll see it at $399 for some base sku with no game and Sony selling it at a reasonable loss. More than likely we'll see it at $429 to $499. Same as neXtBox.

$15 for DualShock seems low.

Shipping is a huge cost. Who do you think has to pay for transporting millions of PS4's to stores.

Manufacturing, R&D are also huge costs. 

$400 is a low estimate for the cheap SKU. $500 for the bigger HDD. 

Only game I can think it might be gears of war or left for dead ?