By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Megaton predictions for PS4 at E3/TGS

UnitSmiley said:
DanneSandin said:
UnitSmiley said:
Still think there is a total possibility of you having some deep resentment for Sony fans so you are just trolling all of us now by getting our hopes up. So you can laugh at us later :/

Well, the people on VGC I dislike the most is actually sony fans - but I wouldn't troll the whole fan base because of that! I probably should have waited a few months in making these threads though :P But think about the situation I'M in! I know even more stuff about the PS4 and can't share it =(

I certainly hope you wouldn't troll the whole fanbase because of a few people D:

But yeah, I totally understand how (if everything you say is true) it could be difficult for you. Having all that info and not being able to share it would suck, especially if it's really awesome news.

I actually think that's why my source is telling me stuff; he simply can't keep it to himself! I just wish I could get more insight into Nintendo's and MS's busniess' as well... All I got is dirt on them, I'd love to post something positive! Anyways, you got a lot of awesomeness to look a head for!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
UnitSmiley said:
DanneSandin said:
UnitSmiley said:
Still think there is a total possibility of you having some deep resentment for Sony fans so you are just trolling all of us now by getting our hopes up. So you can laugh at us later :/

Well, the people on VGC I dislike the most is actually sony fans - but I wouldn't troll the whole fan base because of that! I probably should have waited a few months in making these threads though :P But think about the situation I'M in! I know even more stuff about the PS4 and can't share it =(

I certainly hope you wouldn't troll the whole fanbase because of a few people D:

But yeah, I totally understand how (if everything you say is true) it could be difficult for you. Having all that info and not being able to share it would suck, especially if it's really awesome news.

I actually think that's why my source is telling me stuff; he simply can't keep it to himself! I just wish I could get more insight into Nintendo's and MS's busniess' as well... All I got is dirt on them, I'd love to post something positive! Anyways, you got a lot of awesomeness to look a head for!

Well that's good to hear...assuming you aren't trolling the shit out of me -_- haha.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/52361-tired-unrealistic-hair-then-use-amd-tressfx/

AMD to sell a version of the PS4 APU to PC builders

In further AMD news it has been revealed that the company will be making available a version of the chip powering the Sony PlayStation 4 to ordinary folk and PC builders. The chip will be the same AMD Jaguar APU minus some Sony technology and custom specifications.

John Taylor, head of marketing for AMD's Global Business Units, told The Inquirer that the APU will be available to consumers later this year. The chip made available to consumers will be the based on the same technology but sounds like it will be cut down in several ways. Talking about Sony’s PS4 reveal AMD’s Taylor said “Everything that Sony has shared in that single chip is AMD [intellectual property], but we have not built an APU quite like that for anyone else in the market. It is by far the most powerful APU we have built to date, it leverages [intellectual property] that you will find in our A-series APUs later this year, our new generation of APUs but none that will quite be to that level of sheer number of cores, sheer number of teraflops.”

When AMD launches its third generation of APUs later in the year and the Sony PS4 is available it will be interesting to compare what differences and enhancements the Sony technology and chip specification makes to games titles across systems. However I’m sure both systems will offer nice in-game hair.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY PS4 WILL BE CHEAP! $349 ISN'T AN IMPOSSIBILITY!

DanneSandin said:

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/52361-tired-unrealistic-hair-then-use-amd-tressfx/

In further AMD news it has been revealed that the company will be making available a version of the chip powering the Sony PlayStation 4 to ordinary folk and PC builders. The chip will be the same AMD Jaguar APU minus some Sony technology and custom specifications.

John Taylor, head of marketing for AMD's Global Business Units, told The Inquirer that the APU will be available to consumers later this year. The chip made available to consumers will be the based on the same technology but sounds like it will be cut down in several ways. Talking about Sony’s PS4 reveal AMD’s Taylor said “Everything that Sony has shared in that single chip is AMD [intellectual property], but we have not built an APU quite like that for anyone else in the market. It is by far the most powerful APU we have built to date, it leverages [intellectual property] that you will find in our A-series APUs later this year, our new generation of APUs but none that will quite be to that level of sheer number of cores, sheer number of teraflops.”

When AMD launches its third generation of APUs later in the year and the Sony PS4 is available it will be interesting to compare what differences and enhancements the Sony technology and chip specification makes to games titles across systems. However I’m sure both systems will offer nice in-game hair.

MS and Nintendo can start working on 9th gen if it's $349 and releases on time.  It already has me hyped out of my mind and will be my first launch system (PS2 slim in 04, PSone in 98 at Christmas, PS3 in Summer 07, Wii at Christmas 09, N64 Christmas 99)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

$100 for APU
$100 for 8GB GDDR5 RAM
$50 for 1TB HDD (they'll need large HDD due to forced game installs)
$25 BR Drive
$25 rest of mobo and innards
$25 for 3D PSEye
$15 for DualShock4
$15 for various connectors and packaging
$5 for powercord/brick

That's about $360 in total parts for the package. Not including any assembly, storage, shipping, or retail margin.

AT A BEST CASE SCENARIO you'll see it at $399 for some base sku with no game and Sony selling it at a reasonable loss. More than likely we'll see it at $429 to $499. Same as neXtBox.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
$100 for APU
$100 for 8GB GDDR5 RAM
$25 BR Drive
$25 for 3D PSEye
$15 for DualShock4
$5 for powercord/brick

That's about $360 in total parts for the package. Not including any assembly, storage, shipping, or retail margin.

AT A BEST CASE SCENARIO you'll see it at $399 for some base sku with no game and Sony selling it at a reasonable loss. More than likely we'll see it at $429 to $499. Same as neXtBox.

Just curious.. where did you get this from? I don't think I've seen any PS4 rumours stating this.

hinch said:
superchunk said:
$100 for APU
$100 for 8GB GDDR5 RAM
$25 BR Drive
$25 for 3D PSEye
$15 for DualShock4
$5 for powercord/brick

Just curious.. where did you get this from? I don't think I've seen any PS4 rumours stating this.

They said you would have that option, plus all the other digital content from gaikai they'll be pushing. Then there is the long-time rumors of both companies pushing the no used gaming, something sony has neither confirmed or denied directly, and so on.

Even without that... I still am beginning to expect 1TB at the start.

@superchunk

Fair enough. But all the Gaikai stuff would on the cloud, so it'll be pretty pointless to have a big HDD for that. SEN games, DLC and all other content, sure but 1TB is going to be pretty costly (at least initially). And the stance Sony used for the no used game policy is that they wouldn't block used games themselves, but to leave it up to the discretion of the publishers - whether or not they'll use the anti-used game feature in the PS4. Not too different to the region lock policy they had on the PS3.

399 price.gears of war on the ps4,

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:

MS and Nintendo can start working on 9th gen if it's $349 and releases on time.  It already has me hyped out of my mind and will be my first launch system (PS2 slim in 04, PSone in 98 at Christmas, PS3 in Summer 07, Wii at Christmas 09, N64 Christmas 99)

Pretty much yeah :P