By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So from the looks of it the PS4 is going to be affordable?

From what you seen the PS4 can do what do you think is a reasonable price

$199 5 2.56%

$249 0 0%

$299 6 3.08%

$349 11 5.64%

$399 53 27.18%

$449 43 22.05%

$499 55 28.21%

$545 7 3.59%

$599 11 5.64%

(Please not higher then $600) 4 2.05%

Total:195
osed125 said:
Flanneryaug said:
The price of the parts does not equal the price at retail. The original 3DS had $100 of parts, and Nintendo was taking a loss at $170. The Vita has $160 of parts, and Sony is taking a minor loss or breaking even at $250.

Pretty much this. When including all things together (packaging, shipping, etc) then the price of the console increases a lot. You could add $100 more to get a better idea on how much it will cost at retail.

Oh come on now. PS4 is so powerful that it assembles itself. Everybody knows that.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
ironmanDX said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

no not this time. i did read the op and still hope it's aleast $400 and no more.

Say it cost's $400 in parts, even if they sell it for $400 they'll take a big loss. For an example Flanner went on to say that th 3ds took a loss from $100 worth of parts even though the cost of the console was neary double at $170. Imagine the ps4! Let's drop the price to $350, they're buying in bulk after all. They could sell the console for maybe even $499 and take a small loss because of costs such as production, that announcement show everyone just enjoyed, shipping etc. Sony just can't afford a big loss right now. I can't see the console being anywhere near the three hundred anything range.

i see your point and agree.

MS and Sony fans agreeing before arguing?

End of the Word is imminent.

ironmanDX said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i see your point and agree.

MS and Sony fans agreeing before arguing?

End of the Word is imminent.

not so fast mate. they say ninty fans get along MS fans right? well i'm a Sony and ninty fan. mostly Sony though. and PC fan. what do they say about PC fans v console fans?

fuck it we'll stick to what we know.

infact i think i see death riding on a horse. 

mushroomboy5 said:
It's Sony though and they don't exactly seem to learn from their mistakes... I'm hoping for a 4-500 dollar launch price but I'm thinking theyll try for more with a price cut planned if things don't work out.

Did you not what the PS4 conference, Sony basically fixed all problems the PS3 had with the PS4.

Backwards Compatibility

Focuses on the community (cross game chat)

They changed the whole way they make a video game console to satisfy the developers (usually they spend tons on making a CPU and GPU, but this time they basically made a PC)

Lots more ram :P

Bulkier controller