By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition for Hiroyuki Ito (Director: FF6/FF9/FF12) to direct Final Fantasy XV

Pokeslob said:

I read the petition and I must say, being open world is definitely NOT the problem, in fact none of the final fantasy titles (excluding XI and XIV) have been truly "sandbox" they've always had natural barriers that limited where you could go until you progressed in the story.

no the problem with Final Fantasy as it is right now is that, one, they won't release the games the fans want (that they've already announced in years past.....) instead they release XIII spin-offs that no one cares about. two, the story in XIII and its successors is WAY TO INTO ITSELF, honestly they're relatively weak plots with way too much drama. three, lighting is an extremely stale character and they keep focusing their efforts on her.

no the problem with Square is that they announced two amazing looking titles, Final Fantasy versus XIII and Final Fantasy X HD, then they don't talk about them for years and release a bunch of games that nobody wants, honestly Lightning Returns is close to being the last straw for me, and I'm a very dedicated fan....

and then honestly one of the biggest problems over-all, is the fact that Hironobu Sakaguchi left the company, HE is the reason Final Fantasy is what it is, and Square is suffering HEAVILY from there loss. and Sakaguchi is a great example, Lost Odyssey was a jaw-dropping game, perfect in so many ways, and it was far from "open-world."

Square-Enix has a lot of potential, if they release versus, X HD, move on to XV after fucking 7 years, stop giving us shit we don't need (XIII-2, Lighting Returns, FFATB, Theatrythm, etc.)

honestly if you want to make a petition, petition that Sakaguchi goes back to square to fix things badgenome said: Where is the petition for Square-Enix to sell the Final Fantasy IP to Mistwalker?

thsi made me giggle, and I'd almost like that, although knowing them they'd only release new FF's on single platforms, and the good thing about FF that many of us overlook, is the fact that we do have multiplatform games... plus if FF XV was an xbox exclusive I'd probably actually kill myself -.-

Thanks for reading the whole petition.

For the record, FFXII was open world to an extent. You could get to areas that were not even important to the story yet. You had the freedom to go where you wanted, whenever you wanted.

As for FF Versus XIII, there's no guarantee that game will even be good. Tetsuya Nomura has no proven track record of directeng excellent FF games. In fact, FF Versus XIII is his first FF game as director. As for FFX D, that's simply a remaster. There's nothing great about the same game being released again. Re-releasing old games will not save the FF brand.

As for Sakaguchi coming back, he's aready stated that he never wants to go back to Square Enix. Therefore, wanting him to come back is an unrealistic desire and expectation. However, Sakaguchi said in February 2012 that he felt Hiroyuki Ito could once again make FF a great series again. That's the same man this petition is asking to direct FFXV.

Around the Network

Keep signing, people! We need to try and get as many signatures as possible by the time FFXV is announced at E3 in June.

Bristow9091 said:
Definitely signing this, if XV is anything like IX, fuck yes, like, seriously... fuck yes.

Totally agree with you.

I'm not sure this petition matters. Ito is pretty much guaranteed to be the director of XV already and the game has already been in the works for around 4 or 5 years and has already been rumoured to be open world. If they announce all that to be true, don't think this petition did anything.

And sorry to sound bitter because I love Final Fantasy and have been hoping for a long time now that Ito would be the director of XV so I'm glad to see many others hoping Ito be the XV director as well, but it's just too obvious that he already is, so I don't exactly see the point.

As much as I already believe this is happening and do want it to happen...

Square Enix is not going to let a a petition influence their choice of director lol

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 6 was an absolutely fantastic game, one of the best RPGs of all time. FF9 and FF12 not so much.

FF12 had a lot of potential, but after the game was out of Yasumi Matsuno's hands, they rushed it and really F'd it up and made it one auto-battle grind fest with lots of nothing to do but repetitive tasks. It looks like it was mostly Ito's fault for how FF12 turned out.

FF9 was just not very interesting, impactful, or cutting edge like FF6, 7, and 8, and 10 after it. It was more or less a Crystal Chronicles game rather than a true Final Fantasy game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

MentalAlliance said:

I'm not sure this petition matters. Ito is pretty much guaranteed to be the director of XV already and the game has already been in the works for around 4 or 5 years and has already been rumoured to be open world. If they announce all that to be true, don't think this petition did anything.

And sorry to sound bitter because I love Final Fantasy and have been hoping for a long time now that Ito would be the director of XV so I'm glad to see many others hoping Ito be the XV director as well, but it's just too obvious that he already is, so I don't exactly see the point.

The rumour that Ito was secretly directing FFXV was confirmed to be fake. Also, Ito confirmed at Tokyo Game Show 2012 that he no longer works on FF games and that we should ask Wada if we want him to retun to the series.

Galvanizer said:
MentalAlliance said:

The rumour that Ito was secretly directing FFXV was confirmed to be fake. Also, Ito confirmed at Tokyo Game Show 2012 that he no longer works on FF games and that we should ask Wada if we want him to retun to the series.

Well, I know there was a rumour that was confirmed fake at some point, but then corrected and I haven't heard yet if the corrected one was fake, but even if it is, I still believe Ito is working on FFXV. What he said at TGS doesn't say anything about whether he is or isn't directing XV. He's directing XV. I honestly have little to no doubt that he is.

I signed it even if I know it won't do anything to make it happen.

Pokeslob said:

I read the petition and I must say, being open world is definitely NOT the problem, in fact none of the final fantasy titles (excluding XI and XIV) have been truly "sandbox" they've always had natural barriers that limited where you could go until you progressed in the story.

no the problem with Final Fantasy as it is right now is that, one, they won't release the games the fans want (that they've already announced in years past.....) instead they release XIII spin-offs that no one cares about. two, the story in XIII and its successors is WAY TO INTO ITSELF, honestly they're relatively weak plots with way too much drama. three, lighting is an extremely stale character and they keep focusing their efforts on her.

no the problem with Square is that they announced two amazing looking titles, Final Fantasy versus XIII and Final Fantasy X HD, then they don't talk about them for years and release a bunch of games that nobody wants, honestly Lightning Returns is close to being the last straw for me, and I'm a very dedicated fan....

and then honestly one of the biggest problems over-all, is the fact that Hironobu Sakaguchi left the company, HE is the reason Final Fantasy is what it is, and Square is suffering HEAVILY from there loss. and Sakaguchi is a great example, Lost Odyssey was a jaw-dropping game, perfect in so many ways, and it was far from "open-world."

Square-Enix has a lot of potential, if they release versus, X HD, move on to XV after fucking 7 years, stop giving us shit we don't need (XIII-2, Lighting Returns, FFATB, Theatrythm, etc.)

honestly if you want to make a petition, petition that Sakaguchi goes back to square to fix things badgenome said: Where is the petition for Square-Enix to sell the Final Fantasy IP to Mistwalker?

thsi made me giggle, and I'd almost like that, although knowing them they'd only release new FF's on single platforms, and the good thing about FF that many of us overlook, is the fact that we do have multiplatform games... plus if FF XV was an xbox exclusive I'd probably actually kill myself -.-

This is exactly right. Motomu Toriyama is an abysimal script writer. The story is pure garbage. "Its our Focus Serah said so" is the central impetus for the game. The characters are typical sterotypes. The girl with the high pitched voice, the woman whoes too emotionally scared to use her original name anymore.