By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition for Hiroyuki Ito (Director: FF6/FF9/FF12) to direct Final Fantasy XV

Galvanizer said:
Wagram said:
Galvanizer said:
Wagram said:
No need to petition for something that is already happening.

It's not happening. In an interview with him at TGS 2012 (September 2012) he basically confirmed he no longer works on FF games. However, he said that if people wanted him to return to the series, they should as Yoichi Wada. That's one of the reasons I've made this petition.

I would like to see that interview.

No problem. Here's the quote and source:

1UP: Do you anticipate working with the Final Fantasy series again? Is that something you'd like to do or something you think you'll do?

HI: I'm a working stiff, so if the president tells me to do it, I'll do it. [laughs] Talk to Mr. Wada.

http://www.1up.com/features/final-fantasy-hiroyuki-ito-science

That doesn't specifically mean that he isn't working on FFXV. He is not allowed to disclose anything, and they intentionally get around these type of questions. I would bet anything he is working on FFXV.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Good luck.

Thanks, but this is for all our sakes. We need to voice our concern before Wada chooses Toriyama to direct FFXV.

Wagram said:
Galvanizer said:
Wagram said:
Galvanizer said:
Wagram said:
No need to petition for something that is already happening.

It's not happening. In an interview with him at TGS 2012 (September 2012) he basically confirmed he no longer works on FF games. However, he said that if people wanted him to return to the series, they should as Yoichi Wada. That's one of the reasons I've made this petition.

I would like to see that interview.

No problem. Here's the quote and source:

1UP: Do you anticipate working with the Final Fantasy series again? Is that something you'd like to do or something you think you'll do?

HI: I'm a working stiff, so if the president tells me to do it, I'll do it. [laughs] Talk to Mr. Wada.

http://www.1up.com/features/final-fantasy-hiroyuki-ito-science

That doesn't specifically mean that he isn't working on FFXV. He is not allowed to disclose anything, and they intentionally get around these type of questions. I would bet anything he is working on FFXV.

Why would he tell the journalist to speak to Yoichi Wada, though? That's a massive risk to say as the journamist could speak to Wada and make it seem like Ito broke an NDA on FFXV being in developemt. I'm pretty sure he is simply not working on any FF games.

I thought he was already doing this? And development has likely been ongoing for the past 2+ years, a change in director would probably not be good for the game.

Farsala said:
I thought he was already doing this? And development has likely been ongoing for the past 2+ years, a change in director would probably not be good for the game.

I doubt he's been working on FFXV as an interview at TGS 2012 made it seem iike he no longer worked on FF games. We need to bring him back to the mainline FF series.

Around the Network

People starting to come around to FF12 being best FF? I still see a few people throwing it in there with FF13.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Galvanizer said:
Farsala said:

I doubt he's been working on FFXV as an interview at TGS 2012 made it seem iike he no longer worked on FF games. We need to bring him back to the mainline FF series.

I do not know what to believe. Either PR from the guy in the interview or random rumors :P. It just seems to me like SE often switches Directors every generation.

Farsala said:
Galvanizer said:
Farsala said:

I do not know what to believe. Either PR from the guy in the interview or random rumors :P. It just seems to me like SE often switches Directors every generation.

They used to switch them up in a single gen. FFX, FFXI and FFXII were all made three different teams. So far this gen, we only got the FFXIII trilogy by the FFX team and FFXIV and ARR by the FFXI team. Where is the latest FF game by the FFXII team? That's what most people are wondering.

I read the petition and I must say, being open world is definitely NOT the problem, in fact none of the final fantasy titles (excluding XI and XIV) have been truly "sandbox" they've always had natural barriers that limited where you could go until you progressed in the story.

no the problem with Final Fantasy as it is right now is that, one, they won't release the games the fans want (that they've already announced in years past.....) instead they release XIII spin-offs that no one cares about. two, the story in XIII and its successors is WAY TO INTO ITSELF, honestly they're relatively weak plots with way too much drama. three, lighting is an extremely stale character and they keep focusing their efforts on her.

no the problem with Square is that they announced two amazing looking titles, Final Fantasy versus XIII and Final Fantasy X HD, then they don't talk about them for years and release a bunch of games that nobody wants, honestly Lightning Returns is close to being the last straw for me, and I'm a very dedicated fan....

and then honestly one of the biggest problems over-all, is the fact that Hironobu Sakaguchi left the company, HE is the reason Final Fantasy is what it is, and Square is suffering HEAVILY from there loss. and Sakaguchi is a great example, Lost Odyssey was a jaw-dropping game, perfect in so many ways, and it was far from "open-world."

Square-Enix has a lot of potential, if they release versus, X HD, move on to XV after fucking 7 years, stop giving us shit we don't need (XIII-2, Lighting Returns, FFATB, Theatrythm, etc.)

honestly if you want to make a petition, petition that Sakaguchi goes back to square to fix things badgenome said: Where is the petition for Square-Enix to sell the Final Fantasy IP to Mistwalker?

thsi made me giggle, and I'd almost like that, although knowing them they'd only release new FF's on single platforms, and the good thing about FF that many of us overlook, is the fact that we do have multiplatform games... plus if FF XV was an xbox exclusive I'd probably actually kill myself -.-

ff9... OMG

*sign*