By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 allows you to play a game as they're being downloaded!

Immediate Gameplay
PS4 radically reduces the lag time between players and their content. PS4 features “suspend mode” which keeps the system in a low power state while preserving the game session. The time it takes today to boot a console and load a saved game will be a thing of the past. With PS4, gamers just hit the power button again and are promptly back playing the game at the exact point where they left off. Additionally, users can boot a variety of applications including a web browser when playing a game on PS4.
PS4 also enables games to be downloaded or updated in the background, or even in stand-by mode. The system takes it one step further by making digital titles playable as they are being downloaded. When a player purchases a game, PS4 downloads just a fraction of the data so gamers can start playing immediately, and the rest is downloaded in the background during actual gameplay.

WOW, so you can play a game while you download it, this is GREAT! No more waiting hours for a game to download and install... play instantly as you purchase it from the Store!

Around the Network

I wonder what kind of internet connection you will need for this feature...still a very good one^^

I'm downloading a PS4 as we speak. Day 1 baby.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

tomorrow we are gonna get "do the ps4 threads annoy anyone else?" threads

Max King of the Wild said:
tomorrow we are gonna get "do the ps4 threads annoy anyone else?" threads

NEVER!!!

Around the Network

sounds great to me! i hope to see improvements on installs too!
also the whole social side of this seems amazing!!!

Your avatar looks ridiculous.

Yay!!!

Whats left for the next Xbox?

That sounds like an awesome and necessary feature. Would probably have been a pain to wait for the bigger next-gen games to download before playing them.

it boggles my mind to think how this works but i'm am really really really excited. download waits and system startup waits are annoying. i absolutely love just suspending my game on the vita and picking up right where i left off.