By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 allows you to play a game as they're being downloaded!

So it'll be like when you're watching a video I assume? That's pretty awesome. Will be useless for those with a shit internet connection but for me it will be VERY useful.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
it boggles my mind to think how this works but i'm am really really really excited. download waits and system startup waits are annoying. i absolutely love just suspending my game on the vita and picking up right where i left off.

I think it is something like Diablo III. It downloads the first chapter or something like that, and while you are playing, the system downloads the rest. So it isn't instantly like OP said, but way better than downloading everything first.

Deyon said:
Whats left for the next Xbox?

A big magnificent price hike for live :p

Mohasus said:
kitler53 said:
it boggles my mind to think how this works but i'm am really really really excited. download waits and system startup waits are annoying. i absolutely love just suspending my game on the vita and picking up right where i left off.

I think it is something like Diablo III. It downloads the first chapter or something like that, and while you are playing, the system downloads the rest. So it isn't instantly like OP said, but way better than downloading everything first.

Of course it works like that. To run a game, the code and data has to be in the memory. If the downloaded code doesn't have the code to continue playing, the game would stop at best, and crash at worst. This was simply marketing speak to announce something that cannot work, not even in theory. Either you have the code (and data) or you don't.

An awesome feature considering how long it takes to download and then install games now on PSN. I expected them to fix the download and then install issue PS3 has, this takes it one step further. Personally though depending on energy usage, the suspend and resume feature is way better. That's awesome.