By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Farewell VGChartz!

Should Avatars be regulated more?

yes 48 41.38%

no 68 58.62%

Total:116

Ok, so I have stopped looking at this site while I'm at work and I am probably at a point now that I'm going to start coming here quite a bit less because of some peoples avatars.  It isn't a big deal to me personally what people put as their avatar, but it is freaking embarassing if somebody comes up to you while you are viewing this site and there is a picture of a half naked guy in drag or a scantily clad women with Kaz's head photoshopped on it.  

I've tried messaging some people to see if they will change it and I have been ignored.  Frankly, I hate to be the prick that ruins it for everybody, but this kind of crap needs to stop.   Am I the only one that feels this way?  Anybody else feel embarassed to look at this site when other people are around because of this?

edit: ok guys, I get it.  I can see from the responses in this thread and the lack of responses from site admins/mods that I am in the minority here.  Keep the avatars the way they are.  However, this thread has helped me realize that I need stop lurking in forums, so I am moving on and leaving the chartz.  It has been fun!

specific shout out to Kantor, I enjoyed our book discussions.  Badgenome, rolstoppable, and d21lewis, you guys are hilarious and awesome, keep it up.  Kasz216 and mr khan, it was a great year for political discussions!  And everybody else that made discussions on vgchartz fun.  Hve a good life everybody!

Around the Network

We need names OP.

Shouldnt you be like.. Working instead of visiting this site while at work?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Being on a gaming website at work is embarrassing too.

Man up dude and stop complaining!

Avatars can change at any time in all threads because they get dynamically updated. Because of this there is no way to warn of NSFW avatars like you can with NSFW threads. I would prefer it if avatars and sigs would be required to be appropriate for all ages and situations. Maybe someone wants to browse the forum at the library or at the park. Nobody should be made to look like a pervert because some real pervert changed their avatar or sig. Even if it's not nudity or sexual when viewed out of context it can send the wrong message.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

We need names OP.

I love you.

Edit:Would it be much work for the VGCharts team to add an option to "not show user avatars" in the settings, like we have for sigs?  Aside from that I'd just suggest staying out of the forums while at work.

chris_wing said:
Nsanity said:

We need names OP.

I love you.

Deyon said:
chris_wing said:
Nsanity said:

We need names OP.

I love you.

Hate monger.

Hint: You can blacklist individual images in your browser. I've already done it for a couple people's avatars and sigs.

NiKKoM said:
Shouldnt you be like.. Working instead of visiting this site while at work?

its not just work.  The other day I was going to show my girlfriend something on facebook, but when I booted up my computer I hadn't closed my browser and I had been viewing a thread on this site.  So, of course my girlfriends eyes go straight to this inappropriate avatar and I had to sit and explain what site I was on and that it was just a video game site for like 20 minutes.  It was embarassing.