By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Minecraft - How Long Have You Stuck with a Single World?

Well, I just tried to share screenshots I put on facebook, but the damn site always says there is a failure when I submit it. Will try later if I can come up with a method that should work.

Around the Network

Same world for 9 months now. Although, I have started several other worlds. I have a few worlds for different redstone projects.

chocoloco said:
Well, I just tried to share screenshots I put on facebook, but the damn site always says there is a failure when I submit it. Will try later if I can come up with a method that should work.

Imgur.com is actually a really great place for sharing screenshots of 10 megs or lower. You don't need to sign up, either, since you just upload and link.

cannonballZ said:
Same world for 9 months now. Although, I have started several other worlds. I have a few worlds for different redstone projects.

I actually kind of do the same. I have a Creative world that I set aside to test things out here and there. If I don't know if a build is going to work, for instance, I'll try out the sections that are more difficult or those I'm not even sure are possible. I do actually have a second Survival world as well, one that existed even before my larger world was made, but I barely spent any time on it.

9 months is a pretty good amount of time though! Built a lot on it?

Cchaos:
I actually kind of do the same. I have a Creative world that I set aside to test things out here and there. If I don't know if a build is going to work, for instance, I'll try out the sections that are more difficult or those I'm not even sure are possible. I do actually have a second Survival world as well, one that existed even before my larger world was made, but I barely spent any time on it.
9 months is a pretty good amount of time though! Built a lot on it?

I do the same. I practice building on other maps in creative and then build them on my survival map. I o have a lot. But, its not much for 9 months time. It takes a long time to mine and store enough items and blocks to build castles and bridges. And i have portcullis gates on one castle. Cant seem to find enough redstone on my survival map.

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:

I do the same. I practice building on other maps in creative and then build them on my survival map. I o have a lot. But, its not much for 9 months time. It takes a long time to mine and store enough items and blocks to build castles and bridges. And i have portcullis gates on one castle. Cant seem to find enough redstone on my survival map.

Try and find a nice, deep mine or a good chasm. Either of them tend to have a great deal of Redstone in them. That always works for me, at least. This dungeon I'm working through right now (which never seems to end) has actually taken me four days to try and get through, but I've found an impressive amount of redstone. Right around 270 pieces of it.

@CChaos.

I'm glad you liked my screenshots^^

wow @ the world tree.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
@CChaos.

I'm glad you liked my screenshots^^

wow @ the world tree.

No problem! And thanks, the World Tree is definitely my favourite build so far.

Heh, for everyone, I thought maybe I'd show you guys a little something that's amusing and just how complicated the PC version can actually get...

This is the dungeon I've been going through for like four (actual real life) days now. It consists of six different chasms, an absolute hive like structure of crazy rooms and what not and, as is seen in the lower picture, a mine that I accidentally broke through the wall of that is going to seriously extend my stay. Looks like I might end up going through a fifth day in this place...

^^ Is a dungeon also considered a stronghold?

CChaos said:

Sounds like you treat Minecraft in much the same way I do, as a sort of relaxing zen garden-ish place. *chuckles* I never touch the snapshots, myself, but it's always fun to see what they're coming up with. I'm now trying to find yet another village so that I can find some carrots and potatoes. I've got 23 villages, but not a one since I updated. I've actually found more Jungle and Desert Temples than villages. hehe

Awesome that you and your hubby play though. I'd love to have someone to play with who lived in my house. It makes dungeon delving so much safer to have someone watching your back.

Oh I don't usually use the snapshots, but I watch the updates and see what they are working. I have thought about installing them on a separate install though. I will usually install the pre-release, which sometimes get pulled and then I post in the bugtracker forum with bug reports.

When I recreated my world, I think they changed the animal spawn rate. I had to go very far away to find a cow... not knowing I could make the material for a bed another way. But still, it was nice... I found a secret witch house that was up on stilts above the water. And then there was a thunderstorm and I was scared I would get witch crafted. The game also reminded me of playing oldschool Tomb Raider and the way lighting and ambience worked in that game... one of my favorite series.

I will take some video later. I think it is better than photos. I still have the coordinates for the witchcraft house, so I could probalby find it. It was a randomly generated thing.