By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie: 'nobody plays shooters the way they used to'

Wow, that man is full of himself. Most people I know why have been gaming for a long time are not fans of regenerating health, save points and gamepads.

What is going on with the self-loving of developers and console manufacturers in the past two weeks?

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
kain_kusanagi said:
 I think he is saying that nobody complains that console FPS games control bad ever since Bungie set the standard with Halo. 

god i hope he's not saying that, cause Black is 10x better then Halo.

youarebadatgames said:

That was great. Hopefully Carmack and ID will make a good game again, console shooters are so simplified and streamlined, I have nothing against controllers only the game developers for creating such crap.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I respectfully disagree about Black. It's a nice game, incredibly realistic, and it has some great set pieces -- the showers sequence being one of the best -- but Halo, at least to me, is a much better, much more revolutionary game.

we'll  leave this one where it is, cause next, you'll get me saying KZ is better, and we don't need to go there. and i don't feel like explaining that one.

Up until 1997, most first-person shooters were corridor shooters that embraced a certain philosophy: shoot first, ask questions later. With GoldenEye and Half-Life, the paradigm shifted. Mission objectives and puzzles appeared, and they demanded a combination of firepower and brainpower.

yea thank 007 for it's contrabutions to console shooters. you know i played in a free for all once without being able to turn left? i came in second. shoot first ask latter?

Then Halo arrived, and revolutionized the genre. It moved shooters away from PCs and onto home consoles, it secured Microsoft's spot in the console market, and it introduced (or popularized) several things that have been borrowed again and again since 2001, including its control scheme, its combat mechanics, and its militarism.

you'll have to forgive me for not playing Halo first, and for approaching every shooter the same way. because i've been playing shooters for so long, i haven't stopped to look at the so called advancements an shooters other then 007, Starhawk(you can drop a building on people dude!!! how the hell isn't that awesome!!! ok it's more different than an advancement) and GEARS(although i think Vanquish controls are 10x more accessible.)

Halo seems cheat rom a multiplayer aspect.

kain_kusanagi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
kain_kusanagi said:
 I think he is saying that nobody complains that console FPS games control bad ever since Bungie set the standard with Halo. 

god i hope he's not saying that, cause Black is 10x better then Halo.

your umur is misplaced my friend. i could continue to make you laugh but i'll refrain. when it comes to Halo i just don't get it. don't see the special in it.

i'm trying hard not to call Halo names. i resurve the names for COD. now the last 6 COD's are a wretched waste of time, space, and creation.