By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA got royally screwed: Gearbox used money for Aliens:CM to fund Borderlands franchise. Updated with full questionaire. Talks about PS4 and New Aliens by Total War guys

Can you blame them? Borderlands is fucking awesome.
The Aliens game was a disaster. Glad they didn't pour any more money into that.

Around the Network

OG source is GAF

Xxain said:
OG source is GAF

Drama!!!

VGKing said:

Are you serious? If this is true. They took the money Sega paid them to develop Aliens: CM and used it on their own game. While subcontracting out the development to Time Gate studios. Theyallegedly didn't even have the decency to oversee Time Gate to boot.  This is literally a criminal act. They stole Sega's money. Sega paid them to do a job and they didn't do it. The reasons Aliens was disaster was because Gearbox didn't do what they were paid to do. I don't know how anyone can condone this. They screwed over Aliens fans and Sega at the same time.

All the while Randy Pitchford was running around gushing about how much they loved Aliens and what a great game Gearbox was developing. I mean he wouldn't shut up about Colonial Marines at E3. This is some Silicon Knights, X-Men Destiny level of debauchery. Correction, SK half assed X-Men Destiny while working on Eternal Darkness 2 to pitch Nintendo. Gearbox didn't even half as Aliens. They subcontracted it out to someonse else. Pathetic.

Everybody says that Borderlands was cool, but to me it was a total bummer, hated the game, the artstyle, the writting, the mechanics, pretty much hated everything about it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
VGKing said:

WHAT!? The Aliens game was a disaster because of Borderlands. Yea they didnt pour SEGA's money into what it as suppose to be poured into. You say alot of dumb stuff but teven this is still unexpected.

This is the most entertaining piece of game drama since 38 studios closure.

I will be watching.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

So Gearbox was Two-timing Sega with Timegate...

Sega deserves to claim payback from Geargox.

If you read this to the end the guy says he is a tester. I repeat Tester. This is not reliable at all. How would a tester trully know most of this especially how gearbox used their capital. This is a bullshit story.

^ hes a tester that worked at SEGA. He's part of QA. He isnt the consumer kind of play tester. Your writing a pretty meaty interview off for nothing at all