By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your biggest disappointments of this gen

-Wii (not a fan of the games, really).
-Rareware .... wtf was with Nuts & Bolts?
-A lot of DS games ... I just never finished most of them
-GTA 4 ... I played that game for an hour at most
-Microsoft deciding to cease support of original titles on Live (Star Wars Jedi Academy) *sniff*

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network

-pretentious, unoriginal, flashy, story-driven games without any durable value.
-Level designs getting dumber and dumber.
-FPSs everywhere.
-Online mulitplayer forced everywhere while local multiplayer has been overlooked.
-Wii getting abandoned by Nintendo after 2010
-No 3rd party support on Wii despite the large userbase.
-360 RROD
-PS3 YLOD

All things considered, this generation has been a giant step backwards in terms of quality.

How could I forget Achievements/Trophies.
Annoying, distracting, worthless, gimmicky.

Final Fantasy type 0 not translated.

I feel it has been a very disappointing period for Square Enix, only Dissidia really amazed me.
Capcom comes close second for the No-No-Company award of this generation. Or perhaps first.

animegaming said:
TheShape31 said:
No Last Guardian.

Forced motion controls on all Nintendo first party Wii games.

not all of them brawl, xneoblade, and mario kart. gave opitions to use a classic contoller 

Alright, then I'll add to my list of disappointments.  Poor Classic Controller implementation.  The player is required to purchase (at a very high cost) a wired controller that can only be used when plugged into a Wii Remote.  Too much money, too much hassle, and you end up with a dongle rather than an actual controller.

So I'll revise my previous statement.  Forced motion controls on virtually all Nintendo first party Wii games.  And it's poorly implemented on the few that do.

Around the Network

Movement games, GT5, GTA4.

That I see more and more people writing "per say". You are doing it wrong.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

PS3 comeback....because it ruined the "cinderalla story" of struggling underdogs Nin/MS making a come back and carving out a name for themselves. A true rags to riches story so to speak for Nin and Xbox brand.

This....just seems like a rich son screwed up and got bailed out by his families name to still be successful. What a horrible message/moral to the kids of today.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

No good main line final fantasy.

No new Grandia or Chrono.

michel3105 said:
Final Fantasy type 0 not translated.

I feel it has been a very disappointing period for Square Enix, only Dissidia really amazed me.
Capcom comes close second for the No-No-Company award of this generation. Or perhaps first.

There is nothing amazing about Dissidia. It has terrible controls.

Guys like you convinced me to buy Dissidia duodecim and i felt completely ripped off, even at 10 euros. Its a terrible fighter.