By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - #1 Retail Game On EShop! Speculation to Why Fire Emblem Sold Over 350k

Does My Speculation Work Out That FE Awakening has over 100k Downloads?

Yes It makes Perfect Sense 35 36.84%

Its seems like a good arguement 20 21.05%

Somewhat effective 10 10.53%

Not Really getting your Speculation 11 11.58%

Srry Nope 19 20.00%

Total:95
Boutros said:
But how do we know that the best selling chart on the 3DS eshop is life time? Maybe it's just the best selling game in the last year or something like that. And wasn't Excitebike free for a while? It probably doesn't include free copies which strongly lower the actual sales.

Honestly you just can't base sales on chart rankings and review counts.

People have already tried doing something like that with PSN and it didn't work at all.

it works perfectly here though. eShop has a way to see the top 20 in software downloads of all time, not just recently. Even if Excite Bike was free thats not the point. The point is in the reviews. 23k reviews means Fire Emblem sold over that obviously. Then you and i kno not everybody does a rating for a game they download thus my [% x 23k] formula. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. trust me, i wouldn't be putting my trust on the line if i was wrong lol

Around the Network

Yeah, the chart is only up to the ninth. So I'm sure it did a good bit more since then. It's only 5 or so days of sales.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Vinniegambini said:
For those who have a 3DS, what's the chart position for FE:A on the 3DS software only and did it already appear on the all-time chart?

In Canada, for 3DS software only it appears at #6 and All-Time #17

Yes its at #9 in US(software) but not top 20 yet of all time.

Boutros said:
But how do we know that the best selling chart on the 3DS eshop is life time? Maybe it's just the best selling game in the last year or something like that. And wasn't Excitebike free for a while? It probably doesn't include free copies which strongly lower the actual sales.

Honestly you just can't base sales on chart rankings and review counts.

People have already tried doing something like that with PSN and it didn't work at all.

All though that's an interesting point, the charts show Pushmo #2, and if it were just for the last year, I highly doubt Pushmo would be up there.  Crashmo would definitely have been on the list, but it isn't.  It is kind of abusrd to think that Pushmo would be selling better recently than a game that released much more recently.  Especially one that is a sequel of said game.

Yes it's LTD. The digital manual states this under All Software: "Lists the most-popular software to date."

Recent Releases states this in the manual: "Lists the most-popular software of the past two weeks."

The eShop automatically updates every two hours.

For reference, the game is currently #1 on the Recent Releases charts and #9 on the 3DS software only listing in the All Software charts. It'll have to outsell New Super Mario Bros. 2 before it appears in the All Software listings.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Yes it's LTD. The digital manual states this under All Software: "Lists the most-popular software to date."

Recent Releases states this in the manual: "Lists the most-popular software of the past two weeks."

For reference, the game is currently #1 on the Recent Releases charts and #9 on the 3DS software only listing in the All Software charts. It'll have to outsell New Super Mario Bros. 2 before it appears in the All Software listings.

The DK trailer was #1 when I checked it only a few minutes ago on recent releases.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:

some people just dont realize all of this lol, anyway yea it'll have to beat NSMB2. But its still amazin that its already ninth in just two weeks

@mdm You're looking under Recent Ratings. Downloadable videos are not counted in the Recent Releases charts otherwise Nintendo Video would be on top.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@mdm You're looking under Recent Ratings. Downloadable videos are not counted in the Recent Releases charts otherwise Nintendo Video would be on top.

Icy.  

By the way, earlier where I posted a site that said that excite bike sold 481,100 units (AKA downloaded), I did some more research on those numbers.  

They come from a recently established firm called FADE. http://fadellc.com/about-us/  Apparently the guy running this came from VGChartz.  I have no idea how reliable they are considering they haven't really been out there very long.

So, I guess 481k globally may be inaccurate.  

Snovalo said:
Farsala said:
irstupid said:
Farsala said:
Your formula is not consistent and probably would be impossible to be consistent. Excitebike is DL only and is different then FE. So the ratings/buyers will be different. An earlier FE would be a better comparison if possible. Anyways my guess is 50k-90k max DL for FE, but who knows you could be completely right or it could be more.

It doesn't matter if Excitebike is DL only and FE is not.

Since Excitebike is DL only, that means EVERY review is a game downloaded on eshop.

Thus since it has 27k reviews.  That means ANY game higher on list has AT LEAST 27k downloads.  Fire Emblem is higher on list so it has 27k downloads minimum.

Now no idea how many people review a game.  could be anywhere from 1%-100%.  I would have thought Nintendo would have released Excitebike #'s at some point so not sure why the OP is using reviews as a reference and not just finding out what known excitebike numbers there are.  

I don't feel like guessing as to FE numbers.  Not a big fan of predicting, in time we'll find out.  I hope its a big number and thus leads to more Fire Emblem games in the future.  Felt like too long of a wait since Radiant Dawn came out.  No I do not count those remakes.  

You misunderstand my post. 27k is minimum and it is at 14th, real sales could be up there quite a bit. While FE is at 9th. 200k retail and at least 27k is 227k. The difference between 9th and 14th place is not 123k sales.... thus my guess 50k-90k. Though I would refine it to 50k to 70k.

Yeah except most people do not review games. By your assumption that everyone who ever bought Excitebike, reviewed it, is wrong. At the very most I could entertain from an opposing debated would be 50% of people reviewed it who bought it. That's at least 50k sales at the #14 mark.

5 places ahead, at 13 days, soon to be even higher......

Well, It should be well ahead of 50k sales, probably around 100k.

I said 27k minimum then real sales could be up there quite a bit. Not everyone who reviews actually own the game, unless you have to own the game in order to submit a review. What game is more likely to be reviewed Excitebike or FE? Really I hope it sold 350k+ as I like FE. But their needs to be opposing arguments.