By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

Is this like a new SDF like we had way back?

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
Well no, I wasn't referring to the ad in this case. I was just referring to the previous comment. Completely irrelevant of the legitimicy of the thing. 

I'm not particularly concerned if it's real of fan-made (but similar ads were Sony-made I believe, and do exist as I've seen them first-hand), and that's what bothers me. There's no need for such sly digs at other companies.

but then it wont be funny

Nah, it's not that funny. The FF7 ad is pretty good, and that's legit. 

If you wanted to be funny, perhaps do something with "Sorry Mario, but your Princess is in another castle". I dunno, but there's something there. I can feel it!

You have an odd sense of humor. How would that even be remotely funny?

"sorry mario, but your good games are in another console" it can be worked out

riderz13371 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
Well no, I wasn't referring to the ad in this case. I was just referring to the previous comment. Completely irrelevant of the legitimicy of the thing. 

I'm not particularly concerned if it's real of fan-made (but similar ads were Sony-made I believe, and do exist as I've seen them first-hand), and that's what bothers me. There's no need for such sly digs at other companies.

If you wanted to be funny, perhaps do something with "Sorry Mario, but your Princess is in another castle". I dunno, but there's something there. I can feel it!

You have an odd sense of humor. How would that even be remotely funny?

I'm just saying the best humour comes from spinning well-known phrases (like the prviously mentioned Jump Out one). Perhaps Nintendo's most iconic phrase could be re-worded to make a better ad, similar to the "Wii want to play" one. But it's 3AM and I really don't have the willpower to think of one now.

If you could think of something to fill in the gaps, or something similar, then go for it

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

riderz13371 said:
bananaking21 said:

lol the childish mocking is what's funny, come on that jump out add was some good stuff because it was so immature

but yeah the FF7 add was gold!

I don't get the FF7 ad lol. Is it the text at the bottom?? It's hard to read.

they were mocking n64 for still using catridges 

riderz13371 said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:

lol the childish mocking is what's funny, come on that jump out add was some good stuff because it was so immature

but yeah the FF7 add was gold!

I don't get the FF7 ad lol. Is it the text at the bottom?? It's hard to read.

It is hard to read, but I think it says:

"Possibly the greatest game ever made is coming to Playstation. Good thing, if it was cartridge it would cost $1,200"

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

lol they wish they had something as big as Mario

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

Roma said:

just wait until after the 20th. kaz will be so big people will forget who mario is. KAZIFICATION WILL RULE THE INTERNET

I'm happy that I use AdBlock seeing as how all these comments from Sony seem to be pop-up ads.

bananaking21 said:
Roma said:

just wait until after the 20th. kaz will be so big people will forget who mario is. KAZIFICATION WILL RULE THE INTERNET

I hope for their own good that they don't disappoint

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(