By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

GameAnalyser said:
F0X said:
Does this mean Sony will announce a new Crash Bandicoot game?

I so very much wish they do announce and Naughty Dog would still continue to impress.

Why does every one assume that Crash would automatically impress and that beside the historical context Naughty Dog is the team to do it , ND today isn't the same as the ND that created the first 3 games and even the old team decided they done enough with the franchise , and moved on to Jak and Daxter and that suffered the same fate , with ND stopping work on a PS3 Jak and daxter  because their ideas weren't moving the franchise forward they went with Uncharted , look I'm not saying that Crash done by ND wouldn't work  out fine and the name alone would make it sell but the game being great is far from  a gimme especially for the reasons given , If Sony some how talked Activision into a crash exclusive ,  I would like it to be along the lines of bring in Mark Cerny and Andy Gavin to head up a dedicated team , or at least get them to oversee the game with the final say on matters.
Thinking more about it i feel both Cerny and Gavin have moved on , but who knows throw enough money their way ? Regarding Activision following the billion dollar success of the Skylanders franchise I feel they will turn Crash into Crashlanders ( pun intended).

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Player1x3 said:

nearly 7 million people know it from youtube teaser alone.  For comparison, most popular Microsoft advertisement on youtube has 2.5 million hits and it was uploaded 5 months ago.

I am 5 of those 7 million.

So you're that hyped for PS4? It seems like you're expecting something mindblowing

RazorDragon said:
Carl2291 said:
Can someone, anyone, tell me what the problem with this is? Why is it causing arguments?

Nintendo HAVE been over reliant on the Mario brand. Its annoying. Its like they darent push the BILLIONS of profit they made into anything else. Sony made a bunch of new AAA IPs. Microsoft are in the process of a bunch of new AAA IPs. Nintendo give us some niche Japanese games and 5 Mario games, maybe with one game from Metroid, Kirby, Zelda or DK.

They really do have a point.

Flingsmash, Endless Ocean, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Steel Diver, Art Style, Excite Truck, Wii Series, Aura-Aura Climber, Fluidity, Pinball Pulse, Starship Defense Dillon's Rolling Western, Sakura Samurai, Art Academy, Pushmo, Ketzal's Corridors and probably a few other new non-Japanese niche games. Also, Nintendo revives its old franchises gloriously, as games like Sin & Punishment 2, X-Scape, Punch-Out!! and Kid Icarus Uprising, which didn't had a sequel in more than 10 years, can prove.

WHERE'S MY NEW MEDIEVIL, SONY?

looool at all those non entities and DLC games.

Nintendo rarely ever put an actual budget behind any of their new ideas. 

Darc Requiem said:
F0X said:
pokoko said:
F0X said:

How would such a thing be determined? Platinum Games might self-censor in order to appeal to broader audience, like they did with...

...oh wait. MadWorld is actually strong evidence that given the freedom, Platinum will do whatever they feel like irrespective of platform.

Ah, ok, maybe you're right.  I didn't realize Nintendo published MadWorld.

They didn't. Hence the qualifier.

I'm attempting to rule out the possibility that Platinum would be to blame if Bayonetta 2 is "toned down". Any resulting fallout should be directed at Nintendo. And if/when that happens, I have so many nasty trollish things to say to people clamoring for "mature content". Right now a part of me is laughing very hard.

You do realize that Nintendo published this right?

http://ninjagaiden3.nintendo.com/

Tell that to Pokoko. I'm the one who thinks Nintendo probably won't "tone down" Bayonetta 2. I'm just laughing at the example Pokoko gave, really. It's so extreme that I think it would be hilarious if people treat something so explicit as a sacred cow.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

"Oh yay another Mario game - wait for more sequel announcements from us too!" - Sony =D

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:
Carl2291 said:
Can someone, anyone, tell me what the problem with this is? Why is it causing arguments?

Nintendo HAVE been over reliant on the Mario brand. Its annoying. Its like they darent push the BILLIONS of profit they made into anything else. Sony made a bunch of new AAA IPs. Microsoft are in the process of a bunch of new AAA IPs. Nintendo give us some niche Japanese games and 5 Mario games, maybe with one game from Metroid, Kirby, Zelda or DK.

Flingsmash, Endless Ocean, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Steel Diver, Art Style, Excite Truck, Wii Series, Aura-Aura Climber, Fluidity, Pinball Pulse, Starship Defense Dillon's Rolling Western, Sakura Samurai, Art Academy, Pushmo, Ketzal's Corridors and probably a few other new non-Japanese niche games. Also, Nintendo revives its old franchises gloriously, as games like Sin & Punishment 2, X-Scape, Punch-Out!! and Kid Icarus Uprising, which didn't had a sequel in more than 10 years, can prove.

13 Art Style games in 4 Years.
4 Art Academy games in 3 Years.
8 Wii Series games in 5 Years.

Maybe its just the Nintendo way these days to milk franchises a whole lot in a short period of time, if it makes easy profit and has low production values.

Ive hardly heard of any of those games. I looked them up and the majority didnt sell 100k, nevermind anything worthwhile. Are the majority of them DD only?

Did you also see the bit where I said AAA New IP? Are you calling Steel Diver a AAA game?

KHlover said:
PScollector said:
So its fan made.....lol there are alot of Butthurt Nintendo fans in here.

And a lot of Playstation fans were butthurt when MS called the Xbox360 the better console or stated that most gamers weren't aware of the Playstation Meeting at the 20th. People tend to get offended when something they like is attacked :)

That's talking with the press while this is an advertizement. Microsoft shows arrogance when doing that because it is the company's actual thoughts on the issue. An advertizement however is meant to get people's attention.

"oh yay another mario game" step up playstation... "oh yay another call of duty game"

Raze said:
"Oh yay another Mario game - wait for more sequel announcements from us too!" - Sony =D

"Look, another Halol, why don't you have a peak in our newest game, Halolzone 5" 2/20 (this is actually the game's score)

Carl2291 said:
RazorDragon said:
Carl2291 said:

13 Art Style games in 4 Years.
4 Art Academy games in 3 Years.
8 Wii Series games in 5 Years.

Maybe its just the Nintendo way these days to milk franchises a whole lot in a short period of time, if it makes easy profit and has low production values.

Ive hardly heard of any of those games. I looked them up and the majority didnt sell 100k, nevermind anything worthwhile. Are the majority of them DD only?

Did you also see the bit where I said AAA New IP? Are you calling Steel Diver a AAA game?

Some are DD games, and you probably haven't heard of them because most people spread that Nintendo = Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and somehow everyone who hears that automatically belive those people and don't care to look which games Nintendo actually produces.

And, of course, Steel Diver is an AAA game! Do you know how much it costs to create submarines with missiles?