By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 5 Most Influential First Person Shooters of All Time

where is Haze?

Around the Network

I would swap Doom to Wolfestein 3D. Wolf 3D is the inspiration for the Doom (and to be honest I always liked more Wolf 3D).
I can agree with the other games. Duck Hunt can be a big influential to the genre, at least you use a gun in the game, but I think it has more influence on rail shooters genre.
About Killzone, I need to respect freedom speech, but I radically disagree.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

NO COUNTER STRIKE!?!?!?!

THIS IS AN OUTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

I remember that times, when Quake cames out.. many people don't care.. even magazines.. you know why ? Try to find.. it was a DUKE NUKEM 3d time.. everyone just like more that cartoonish style of the game.. but QUAKE.. it was so dark.. so unhappy.. not everyone see, that a new generation of games came.. QUAKE really change the way of 3D games.. it was the first game with real 3D sprites.. that was something amazing.. BTW.. i would definitelly put another game on that list.. UNREAL TOURNAMENT.. :) because of the multiplayer, speed and engine, which is by todays popularity the most used engine of all time (of course.. i mean the new engine from EPIC).. :)

The more I read the "console flamewars", the more i love my dreamcast :D

Proud owner of: Dreamcast, PSP, PSOne, PS2Slim, Xbox, Xbox360, Nintendo DSLite, GB color, GB Advanced, Nintendo Wii

kain_kusanagi said:
kljesta64 said:
turok,counter strike would be in my list

halo thats a big lol

I know. There should be at least two Halo games on the list. Anything else is just silly.

Halo is that good. Halo 4 hasn't left my 360 since it came out.

Later, I'm off to go play some Spartan Ops.

2 Halo games on a list that is for the top 5 most influental first person shooters of all time?!

OH YOU! YOU SO FUNNY!

Around the Network

Good list but the first Modern Warfare should be on this.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Doom
Half Life
Goldeneye
Halo
COD 4

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

kain_kusanagi said:
kljesta64 said:
turok,counter strike would be in my list

halo thats a big lol

I know. There should be at least two Halo games on the list. Anything else is just silly.

Halo is that good. Halo 4 hasn't left my 360 since it came out.

Later, I'm off to go play some Spartan Ops.

lol that was an agressive interent reply. Halo only just scrapes that list let alone twice! Haze >>>> Everything TBH

Doom
HL1
UT
CS

If we're talking about influential, it's either Goldeneye or Halo but not both. Other than that, I can pretty much agree. Needs Counter-Strike and Call of Duty 4, though: CS popularized team-based multiplayer, and pretty much every FPS these days copies CoD4.