By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else waiting for wii U price cut?

Are you waiting for a Wii U price cut

Yes, counting down the mi... 54 24.32%

No, I'm waiting for the games 67 30.18%

Wii U won't have a price... 35 15.77%

Not interested in the system 66 29.73%

Total:222

The wii U had a strong launch this christmas despite what many have suggested, Selling more then double what  the ps3/360 sold in the same period. But since the end of the holiday season, the system has seen terrible sales in line with the troubled PSVita and in some cases is being outsold by the Vita (europe). Unlike sony, nintendo is in the position introduce a price cut to the Wii U and has added pressure as the arrival of competing next gen systems are soon the arrival and are grabbing all the headlines. Following Nintendo's dramatic and almost unnecessary price slash on the 3DS in 2011, we can only assume they will do this to the wii u. With no strong software expected to change it fortunes until fall (unless wii fit U surprises us) then a price cut is almost a given.

Would it be silly to pick up a Wii U now? I was considering it but looking at evidence it seems in the next few months we'll see the inevitable. Anyone else want to pick up he system but afraid of missing out on the potential for a $199/$249 deal. Or maybe you think nintendo will just ride it out the price and wait to see how Mario Kart and Wind Waker HD change its sales this fall?

Around the Network

Nintendo wont drop the price at all for a long time. But if you check cosco out they were(not sure if anymore) were selling it for $50 less! $245 for basic and $299 for deluxe

I already have one and love it, but i really don't think Nintendo will drop the price, not until well into 2014 at least. Plus I really believe that WiiU will get stronger and more games once PS720 come on board and 3rd parties look to maximize profits by making games for all 3 consoles. So I expect no prices cut until the 3rd party games start rolling in 2014.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

The price is fine in my opinion. I'm waiting for a 3D Mario, brand new Zelda, Prime style Metroid, Mario Kart, and/or on-rails Star Fox.

i didnt think id use a wii u that much. but my gf bought me one at launch. i use it more than any other device in my house and i own everything.

playon.tv for movies and cable, i prefer as a web browser over my ipad, graphics are nice as my 5870ati, controls are better with touch inventory, i love the enormous screen, and i bring it in multiple rooms.

just saying, originally i didnt want it either.

Around the Network

Well, i have WiiU already, so i'm rather waiting for the 'WiiU Ambassador program'. ))

Kill the 8GB SKU immediately.

$299.99 w/Nintendo Land (32GB) in white or black standard ASAP. $299.99.

Zombi U pack - $359.99 US.

As the yen drops and component costs drop ...

$269.99 w/Nintendo Land (32GB) - Effective November 1st, 2013 (in time for holiday rush)

$299.99 w/NSMBU + Wii Sports U - Black Friday bundle.

Not interested...

I'm waiting till I can get some more money to buy it. I was going to buy it when MH3U launches, but I decided to wait because of the 3DS line-up this year. I'll most likely buy it when Wind Waker HD arrives or during Christmas.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Pretty much a price drop. The games will come but I'd quicker buy one at a lower price since the game I REALLY want for it are the new Zelda and Smash Bros., and they make take a while.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS