By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Meeting Live Stream -Feb 20th 23:00 GMT (Ended)

Given all the rumors, I'm beginning to think this is a much bigger deal for Sony than their typical "hey, this is a new PlayStation, buy it!" console launch.  I feel like they're pretty much betting the farm on this hardware release, making it the centerpiece of pretty much all of Sony's CE and DD endeavors, looking at the Gaikai aqcuisition, the rumored integration with other devices, and so on.  And they seem to be doing everything they can to make sure this is as strong a launch as it can be.  Excellent hardware that's easy to develop for with a reasonable price tag, and the entire breadth of SCEWWS focused on the console well before launch, with big franchises like Killzone lined up for the first year, if not day one.  This is quite unlike the ps3's launch, when they were releasing huge titles for ps2 (God of War II) while the ps3 struggled on the market.

I expect a large Vita OS update to coincide with Orbis' launch, to enable features related to Orbis, and possibly other Sony hardware as well, with the Orbis's launch being the window in which they release said features across all Sony hardware, from tablets to laptops to possibly even SmartTVs.

Though I'm probably speculating far too much here.  It's just that, given all the rumors, and given Kaz is now running the company...

I also once predicted that Plus subscribers might be able to access games bought via PSN via other Sony hardware, depending on how Sony utilizes Gaikai's technology.  It'd be interesting if that was indeed in the works (though such features would probably require a new, tiered pricing structure for Plus).  But that's my "holy crap if they did this" prediction.

outlawauron said:
This is something to be hyped about. Looking forward to people created a stupid level of expectations only to troll whenever it doesn't reach their own outrageous expectations.

I love how people getting over excited and inevitably becoming disappointed and expressing that fact = trolling.  You act as if these people all have some hidden agenda, when they're by and large probably just doing exactly what it appears they're doing: setting themselves up for disappointment.  Some things are as innocent as they appear.

Now, guys like irstupid are just being unreasonable.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
pezus said:
irstupid said:
Here is my list of must haves or else this is a fail.

1. Price
2. Release date
3. Launch games, not bs games that won't come out for 5 years.

I will ignore all games shown that won't be released within launch window "3 months" as whatever. I mean we all know what the final fantasy or last guardian and others have done. I'm not going to get excited about a game that I won't see forever or never. I don't care if it announces 50 games. If they have no release dates then they are not worth mentioning.

It better have a price said or else it will have the shadow of doom $600 hanging over its head.

It better have a release date mentioned or else why show it now and not E3 if it ain't coming out this year. And if it ain't coming out this year, then even more dumb to show it off already this early.

It "NEEDS" those three things or else it is a major fail. Heck I don't even know if it has those three things it can be seen as a success. The amount of Hype Sony, the media and all its fans have given this 20th date it almost seems impossible to live up to it.

Wat. 1 is certainly not going to happen. 2 is most likely not going to happen. It doesn't need that for this, it needs games. Not only launch games either, but games. Launch games will be announced at E3 or Gamescom.

Here's what I expect to see.  Some blabble about how awesome the system is and how its the future.  Maybe some talk about a few features for multi media stuff.  Then montage of games and some developers praising system.

Here's why I feel that will be a failure.

1. The more impressive the conference and awesome the PS4 looks, the more the Price NEEDS to be stated.  Cause the more impressive it looks the more expensive it will appear to be.  And we all know about that $600 price tag the PS3 had.  Sure the Vita was priced cheap for what it is, we know Sony did well there.  BUT the PS4 will be much more poweful and expensive piece of hardware, so there is no way they could come close to matching Vita's price. 

2. Release date. What would be the point of showing this off in Febraury if the console isn't going to be released this year.  There is zero point to showing something off that is more than a year away fright now.  Their PS3 is selling good right now, no point bring up a PS4 if its a long ways away.  Thus it needs to be this eyar and thus expecting a release date should be a given.

3. THere isn't a single PS3 owner that should not be annoyed at Sony by now for its "promised" games.  There is barely any games that have not had us waiting for years for a release or it have gotten delayed.  Sorry if I don't want to have another generation of "delaystation" or in some cases the game seemingly will never come such as Versus 13 or Last Guardian.     And no I don't find them coming to PS4 as a bonus.  I find that as a decriment.  What's to say then that any great game we see on PS4 will ever make it. Then also talk about screwing over PS3 owners by making the game PS4.  Even IF it still comes to ps3 its still annoying and bad imo.  I was pissed at Twilight Princess for being delayed basically a year so it could be a wii luanch game.  Gamecube oweners had to sit around and wait for no reason, like the raymond feascil. 

Those are the reason "why" i feel

1. Price

2. Release date

3. Launch window games

Are essential and need to be stated for this to justify its hype at all.  If it don't have them, then we are stuck with a pretty tech demo or cg video.  That's all I see.  Just look at any of Sony's tech demos and trailers they first showed for their games this gen or even the recent Alien game.  You can see why I dont' give a shit about demo's or trailers.  THey are deceiving, and even if they do end up matching it ends up being years later.

You're being unreasonable.  Nintendo didn't unveil the Wii U's release date until something like two months before launch.

Sony probably intends to do several things at thihis conference:

1.  Unveil the look of Orbis, as well as some general OS features.  Describe a vague strategy for Orbis.
2.  Unveil a few Orbis games, most likely those intended for launch (like Killzone 4).
3.  Maybe re-reveal the Last Guardian, if the rumors are true.
4.  Possibly announce a price cut for Vita in the West, if they don't intend to do that at the Vita event happening in a week or two (I think there's an event in a week or two?)
5.  Possibly showcase some games for Vita, depending on their plans for that later event.
6.  Show off their last few major ps3 releases, and possibly announce a ps3 price cut (though I imagine this will happen closer to Orbis' launch).

We won't be seeing an exact release date.  We won't be hearing a price.  We'll probably get a price and a release window at E3, with a specific release date closer to launch.  And yes, all signs point to Q4 2013 and ~$399, regardless of whether that's announced at this conference.

That wouldn't constitute a failure for Sony, nor have similar approaches been seen as failures for any of the big three in the past (see: Vita, Wii U, and 3DS reveals).

The event is confirmed to have 1200 people attending

The guy behind Agni's Philosophy is heading to JFK as we speak

:) this could be a very fun event

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

makingmusic476 said:

outlawauron said:
This is something to be hyped about. Looking forward to people created a stupid level of expectations only to troll whenever it doesn't reach their own outrageous expectations.

I love how people getting over excited and inevitably becoming disappointed and expressing that fact = trolling.  You act as if these people all have some hidden agenda, when they're by and large probably just doing exactly what it appears they're doing: setting themselves up for disappointment.  Some things are as innocent as they appear.

Now, guys like irstupid are just being unreasonable.

It's not about that. With these kind of events, there's always some unreasonable want that someone wants, and because "X" doesn't get announced, it all sucked. PS4 domed, etc.

I'm sure if TLG get ignored (it most likely will), someone will say "No TLG, what the hell is Sony doing with this thing". It's not really a question of hidden agenda, because that term is far too complex for the internet. Haters just want to hate.

What irstupid's post sums up in a very prevalent attitude among gamers and he's not alone at all. Especially when he spews venom after his dumb expectations fail.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Agree with outlaw on that one 100%

oh and

KZ4? Tech Demo? New IP? Who knows but I think we have a good chance of seeing them there

oh and there's talk of Versus being PS4...even if that was true I doubt they will show it tomorrow. Sounds more like a E3/TGS kind of reveal

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

You're being unreasonable.  Nintendo didn't unveil the Wii U's release date until something like two months before launch.

Sony probably intends to do several things at thihis conference:

1.  Unveil the look of Orbis, as well as some general OS features.  Describe a vague strategy for Orbis.
2.  Unveil a few Orbis games, most likely those intended for launch (like Killzone 4).
3.  Maybe re-reveal the Last Guardian, if the rumors are true.
4.  Possibly announce a price cut for Vita in the West, if they don't intend to do that at the Vita event happening in a week or two (I think there's an event in a week or two?)
5.  Possibly showcase some games for Vita, depending on their plans for that later event.
6.  Show off their last few major ps3 releases, and possibly announce a ps3 price cut (though I imagine this will happen closer to Orbis' launch).

We won't be seeing an exact release date.  We won't be hearing a price.  We'll probably get a price and a release window at E3, with a specific release date closer to launch.  And yes, all signs point to Q4 2013 and ~$399, regardless of whether that's announced at this conference.

That wouldn't constitute a failure for Sony, nor have similar approaches been seen as failures for any of the big three in the past (see: Vita, Wii U, and 3DS reveals).

Bolded: Which is quite an odd thing to do and possibly hurt the WiiU's Sales in the holiday months if you ask me :/

My Crystal Ball says...

-Vita and PS3 price drop in US/EU territory.

-Show off their Upcoming AAA PS3 titles.

-Vita Games Reveal and Reiterations of big releases

-Gakai unveiling for Playstation platform and detailing of its uses

-PS4 in depth Reveal, specs, and road map for installing it as a Entertainment Hub(similar to MS)

-PS4/Vita integrated with each other somehow using Gakai. Possibly streaming any full title to Vita.

-Collage of Studios in the works on system. A few Tech Demos and Games, giving us a taste of what it can do. Montage!!!!

-Last Guardian and Versus XIII ReReveal as PS4 exclusives

-

And the likes of these will be saved for E3....

-Full list of Games to debut during Launch and 1st year.

-More big Titles from 1st and Second Party

-Montage

-PS++ Unveiling: Allows teired pricing for consoles. Cloud gaming

-Price of $399 and $299 with subscription

-Release Date:(September 17th, 2013)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

hatmoza said:
I really need to update the op with live stream links O_O

Yes.  Yes you do.

M.U.G.E.N said:

The guy behind Agni's Philosophy is heading to JFK as we speak

:) this could be a very fun event

I have recently decided that I love Squeenix again thanks to XIII-2, so this is very exciting news.

Regardless of my love for them or not, though, Agni's Philosophy was beautiful.  Eep.

tagged

M.U.G.E.N said:
bananaking21 said:
will this be streamed on PSN?

on PSHome

Is that only for NA? The source says it is streaming in the Community Theater, and I couldn't find it on the EU home. Unless that is the same as the Home Theatre?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89