By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you already picked your primary console for Next-Gen?

What will be your Primary Console Next-Gen?

Wii U 132 18.67%

Orbis (PS4) 360 50.92%

Durango (720) 126 17.82%

Don't know yet 78 11.03%

SR 11 1.56%

Total:707

People often have loyalty towards a specific company, even though we don't know much about 2 of the Next-Gen consoles, do you already know what your primary system of choice will be? Are you waiting to see the power, features, and games to make your decision? If you have a Wii U, are you happy enough with it to already know it'll be your main console?

Please explain how likely you are to buy each Next-Gen system and why. 

I have always bought Nintendo Systems as my primary system each Gen since the N64. (Before that I had a Genesis) I have also owned all 3 Sony consoles as secondary systems for their respective Gens. I owned all Nintendo's HH's as well. (GB, GBA, DS, 3DS)

I have decided that owning both a Console and HH from the same company can be pretty limiting as far as variety goes. The 3DS is becoming my favorite HH of all time already and looks to only be going up. Yesterday, Nintendo announced 3 new 1st party games making 2013 and even better year for the 3DS. Also, HH's have become very capable of running top quality games and the 3DS is no different. IMO, the 3DS looks to be more advanced than the Wii was.

With that said, I have already decided to skip the Wii U and either buy an Orbis or Durango as my Next-Gen Home System. The 3DS is a great system and can definitely fill the gap of Nintendo games which IMO are still amazing. I just don't feel it necessary to buy and play 2 Mario Karts or 2 Animal Crossings and so on. 

Anyway, I say there is about a 48% chance of buying Orbis, 48% chance of buying Durango, and 4% chance of being 3DS-only this upcoming Gen.

What about you guys? Any other Nintendo fans planning to skip Wii U in favor of Orbis or Durango? Which system is likely going to be your main console? 

Around the Network

My world is gonna be very Sony dominated in the coming years with the PS4 and Xperia Z.

i was very happy with sony this gen and most likely will go with sony again.

...but i reserve the right to chance my mind. i want to see what sony and MS have to offer. i want to see the first 3 months sales of each.

I will know on February 20th at the earliest.

As for handhelds, 3DS.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Only console I will be owning is anything tied to sony. I just stick with one console as long as it feeds my gaming needs.

Around the Network

From what I've heard thus far, PS4 is to be more powerful than X-box 720, which will come with a new Kinect instead. I couldn't care less about Kinect and I will be happy to get a more powerful console, so the choice is simple. Additionally I can't imagine myself paying for Live in its current form. PS+ is awesome though.

I also plan to get a Wii U when it reaches $200-150 price tag.

When it comes to portables I have my Vita, but will get a 3DS eventually, since my DSi has a malfunctioning screen and I don't want to lose my library of DS games. It will surely be the XL version, but I will wait some time, they will surely redesign it, maybe even include the second slider?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

i seriously doubt MS will grrab my attention, even with GEARS on nextbox.

here goes my next gen. list.

PS3 30%
OUYA 20%
Vita 15%
3DS 10%
PC 15%
WiiU 10%

PS4, pretty much by default.

I have no interest in the Wii U right now, and nothing they've even hinted at over the next year or so looks to change my mind. I won't put a single dollar down on a Microsoft console as long as a paid subscription is needed for online play. Hence Sony's console is the only option I'm considering for the foreseeable future.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Durango will probably be my primary but I will get them all as I don't have any silly bias.

PS4 obviously, i have tons of papers in my desktop isnt even funny, i need a top paperweight fast!