By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Burnout Paradise... PS3 > 360

iclim4 said:
Dolla Dolla said:
iclim4 said:

thats only IF they dont break even on the ps3, and from that situation its a good thing since the developer will get their investment back.

That's the whole idea. Good for everyone. The pricetag of making an exclusive for the HD consoles is high this gen, so it's not unrealistic to think some exclusives might not perform up to a developers standard.

i agree, konami is expecting MGS4 to sell 1 mil on its first day.... thats a pretty high standard.
as a ps3 owner i dont mind them porting it to xbox if they dont break even. i would rather see them get rewarded for their hardwork than lose money on it.

plus, the game has already been optimized for the ps3, so theres no "curb grading" as weezy would put it.

I think this is more so a scare tactic from Konami. I'm confident that MGS4 will break even and show a profit even if it stays exclusive. But I think Konami wants Sony to push this title big time so that it'll make them some serious money.

Around the Network
weezy said:
the thing is... in 2009, ps3 graphics are gonna start to look better than 360.

its a virtual tie or 360 is better looking right now.

I disagree, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and even Warhawk look better than anything on the 360 right now.

But that is a personal opinion. I still think the best looking game on the 360 is GeoW and Unreal 3 on the PS3 looks even better than GeoW. 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

weezy said:
We know ps3 is superior but howcome most 360 games look better than ps3?

In a year ps3 games will be better looking like Night and day.

Right now its even and I give the edge to 360.

ps GTA4 was delayed becuase framerate and choppyness of ps3 version.

Im sticking to my guns..ps3 games will start looking better in 09.

The frame rate and choppiness were on the 360 version too.

^ you wrong :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:

Chrono you try and justify your ps3 purchase when the 360 graphics are equal or better than ps3 as of now.

PPl pay $300 and get the same gaming ps3 has to offer. deal with it

LOL

ps we all know ps3 graphics are gonna be better in '09

They don't get the exclusives. The exclusives on the PS3 are good and will be even better in the future. He did the right thing, he bough a console for the long run, not for the short term.

Also, he got a Blu-ray player, wi-fi, free online play and bluetooth :) I would say that those 4 things are worth the $50 buck more.

Around the Network

is this the first time ps3 has a better multiplat from EA

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

pretty sure . All EA games were 10 times better on 360

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
^ you wrong :)

Nope, you are wrong.

Straight from IGN:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/847/847102p1.html?RSSwhen2008-01-23_093000&RSSid=847102

"Yes, the frame-rate has been smoothed out; yes, the city is now fully populated meaning you're able to explore however you see fit; and yes, the trademark satirical dialogue and larger-than-life characters are very much back. Grand Theft Auto IV looks and feels like a GTA game, but one that's been punted into the next generation." 

and at the end of the article they say they didn't play the PS3 version yet.

So, my friend, the 360 version had frame rate issues and since no one ever played the PS3 version we don't know how it played. We assume they play identically because R* stated it but no one ever played.

weezy said:
its kinda like a curb grading

multi platform game graphics arent gonna be that big of a difference

Correct. I agree with this, this is why the games are not released 360/Ps3/Wii because they don't want to create new assets for the Wii, too many differences.

weezy said:
^ Madden on 360 shat all over the ps3 version what are you talking about?

Right, but you can't blame that on the PS3, blame it on the crappy developers. We all know that the PS3 could handle it fine.