By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Burnout Paradise... PS3 > 360

In cases like this I'm glad to be a PS3 owner. Games are gonna really start looking good now that 3rd party developers are making the PS3 their lead platform.

I heard on kotaku or 1up or some site that Madden 09 is being developed with the PS3 as the lead platform too. Good to see they're finally gonna start using the PS3's power instead of dumbing games down so they work on the 360 first.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:

I think this is more so a scare tactic from Konami. I'm confident that MGS4 will break even and show a profit even if it stays exclusive. But I think Konami wants Sony to push this title big time so that it'll make them some serious money.

but that is their expectations. it would be sad if an existing popular ip only broke even or show small profits.

ive also heard that the opening sequence in MGS4 alone cost as much as other HD games.
plus, the title has been delayed which would mean extra expenses.

but yeah i think they would see some profit even if they sold 1 mil for the first week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Krik is way too serious. hahaha
you need to be able to tell when someones joking. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
Magnific0 said:
Already happening ? you missed the point completely my friend. How 360fanboyish of you to take a lame port like Madden which the whole world knows it's just that. PS3 is overtaking 360 everywhere but still not in America. So I think it's pretty safe to say ALL European developers are definitely embracing that trend as of now, and I don't think japanese developers develop anything at all on the 360....

wait are you actually calling me a 360fanboy?......
give me a few moments to get over this moment *snicker*...

what im trying to convey is, as of right now the Xbox is the lead platform of most 3rd party developers and the ps3 has been getting the "lame ports". orange box, fear, need for speed carbon, COD3, obviously madden wasnt the only example, it was just the most popular. oblivion was almost a lame port, but it escaped that fate because of Blu-ray.

Sorry but Oblivion is way better on the PS3 than on the 360. It has better graphics, better frame rate, smaller loading times, better drawing distance.

The others are all worse on the PS3 but that is because the developers decided not to use SPEs... basically dropping the PS3 to half the 360's power. 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

I've heard many media outlets calling the 360 version superior.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
brute said:
is this the first time ps3 has a better multiplat from EA

Sad part is it has the potential to be this way all the time with multi-plats :P But few company 's are willing to try xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

weezy said:
pretty sure . All EA games were 10 times better on 360

10 times better, rofl. So the PS3 runs at 10x less resolution? Or is it 10x less frame rate? Or is it 10x less detailed graphics?

The worst I've seen was Madden (really bad port), all the other ports were just a bit worse. Even Orange Box is not as bad as some people claim. Before you talk sh*t you should actually see it in person and judge for yourself.

Yes, they are better on the 360. No, they are not a lot better. 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

ChronotriggerJM said:
brute said:

Sad part is it has the potential to be this way all the time with multi-plats :P But few company 's are willing to try xD

Few companies?

360 versions are supposedly all superior with these companies

EA, Capcom, Ubisoft ..and whats that other one?? OH yeah, Rockstar gaming.

So Konami and S-E are the few you speak of?

XD XD!!!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

krik said:
iclim4 said:

wait are you actually calling me a 360fanboy?......
give me a few moments to get over this moment *snicker*...

what im trying to convey is, as of right now the Xbox is the lead platform of most 3rd party developers and the ps3 has been getting the "lame ports". orange box, fear, need for speed carbon, COD3, obviously madden wasnt the only example, it was just the most popular. oblivion was almost a lame port, but it escaped that fate because of Blu-ray.

Sorry but Oblivion is way better on the PS3 than on the 360. It has better graphics, better frame rate, smaller loading times, better drawing distance.

The others are all worse on the PS3 but that is because the developers decided not to use SPEs... basically dropping the PS3 to half the 360's power. 

i said "Oblivion was almost a lame port, but it escaped that fate because of blu-ray"

Oblivion had loading issues on the ps3, the developers had to replicate the data which would only be possible on BR since dvd9 wouldnt have enough space, which is why i said it escaped the "lame port" category because of blu-ray.

weezy said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
brute said:

Few companies?

EA, Capcom, Ubisoft ..and whats that other one?? OH yeah, Rockstar gaming.

XD XD!!!

a few can mean 4

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"