By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony PR has sunk to a new low, sickening

first of all this goat was probably killed already to be eaten and Sony just bought it. secondly, for all of you people out there who eat meat you have no right to say anything. do you know of the horrors that go on in the meat industry? have you seen the videos? if you find this disgusting and then go home and eat a big steak then you are just a hypocrite. I personally believe that eating meat, with the way the animals are treated, is immoral and should be stopped. Go Veg!!!

Around the Network
NightStalker said:
first of all this goat was probably killed already to be eaten and Sony just bought it. secondly, for all of you people out there who eat meat you have no right to say anything. do you know of the horrors that go on in the meat industry? have you seen the videos? if you find this disgusting and then go home and eat a big steak then you are just a hypocrite. I personally believe that eating meat, with the way the animals are treated, is immoral and should be stopped. Go Veg!!!

I completely disagree, why the animal was killed is very important ...

When I eat a burger (whether chicken or beef) the animal was killed in order that I could eat, and practically every piece of the animal was put to good use (animal feed, leather, etc.) ... This goat was killed for decoration. Essentially, your argument is similar to the argument that I can't eat meat and object to people wearing fur which has never been a valid argument.

Firstly, apologies for the extra thread created. I did have a look for a related thread, but just couldn't find one. (wasn't expecting to find this under "sales" discussion??) If the goat was from a butcher - then it becomes slightly more appropriate. It certainly didn't look like this to me (first impression is that they killed it there on the night!). That aside, this is the worst piece of marketing I have ever heard of. Unless its meant to fall into the basket of "any bad marketing that makes headlines is good marketing". This is a company that sells Plasma TV's to the public, and sells the majority of their games to the teenage market.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

This is getting a little off-topic..You can't really say that meat -lovers are hypocrites because they bash sony for their PR stunt. Killing animals for food, or hunting them for sport is more or less socially accepted. Sure, in many cases the animals are being killed in a horrible manner which is condemned by society, but it's the status quo that animals are used for nourishment or recreation in hunting.((It is in anyone's opinion to justify or not this).

If you start accusing people for eating meat as being hypocritic, while the same don't know how the animal was killed, you may as well go after a bride who does not know that her wedding ring contains a blood diamond from Africa. Anyone of us may have this moment in his wallet, a money bill that was used in a drug deal. Does that make us participants on crime?

The point is, and many that have posted in this thread didn't get it (except lolita, btw love your avatar.) that the animal in case was not killed to be served at the party, it's purpose was to recreate with the vulgarity of the scene. I'm greek, and never in modern times or ancient was an animal served raw or uncooked.(We don't do sushi,LOL) If this was meant to resemble a sacrifical lamp in ancient times, the animals that were killed in the name of gods were considered taboo, and were never touched. Plus, every animal that was killed in ancient times was always skinned before eating. And the servings from inside the goat could never come from the same animal in such quantities to serve a whole party. So they must have come from other animals that were pre-cooked.

So. in conclusion, the goat was meant to shock in the sight of the corpse, and this can't be justified for the kill. It's as juvenile and cruel as kids who torture little birds. they have the excuse of young age, but Sony is not a person, it's a corporation that must maintain a civil and proper face. But they continue on the trend on bad publicity=free advertising.Sad.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

http://kotaku.com/gaming/meat-soup/goatgate-sonys-side-of-the-story-256325.php

Around the Network
goodridd said:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/meat-soup/goatgate-sonys-side-of-the-story-256325.php

Pretty much as I'd interpreted the original story, but this leaves out one key question. Were there hot chicks or not?

**Oops, edited since it's been brought up by others already.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Huh. Well, the more this is talked about the more sony will profit from this. Hopefully, some greek politicians will make a speech or three, and up the sales.

Good thing that the article was exagerated, because I was seriously discusted by that. I won't boycott them anymore! ^__^ I accept their appologies but they should stick to normal adds like everyone. They should fire the people promoting them.

I have a feeling some heads will be rolling from the European division of SCE for that stunt. Also I have a feeling that the writer for that article in the European OPSM will get sent to the curb as well due to reporting something in a magazine tailored towards Sony fans that was slanted horribly and was not based on fact, only on what he read in an invitation and embellishing aspects of that event.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.