By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you still pay for Xbox Live?

I stopped in 07

Around the Network

I don't pay for it anymore. I am done with the 360 as they betrayed us gamers long ago. It's turning into a garbage multimedia machine, and they openly admitted to that being their goal. Last I checked, people bought your console for gaming excellence.

Sigh...

yes i pay for live. yes i use steam. live does many things steam cant. the main thing it does that other services dont ( i cant find one yet) is offer voice control to my tv for watching netflix and other apps. I am hoping next gen they extend this to their windows media center app (which as far as i know they will). that is all it takes for me. voice controls are the best for being lazy and watching movies.

Haven't payed for XBL since 2008, fail to see why I should pay for a service that could and probably should be free.

I cancelled it in 2007, I don't play online much.
Cross game chat is pointless to me, I rather enjoy 5.1 sound instead of turning everything down to understand what people are saying.

Around the Network

I'll keep paying for it until half of my 30+ friends and family on XBL move over to PSN. It seem they are not interested in switching over so I'll stay with XBL for the time being.

ironmanDX said:
As soon as some good xbox related news gets posted these threads all come out.... You have nothing better to do? Surely you do.

I want a simple answer.

Yes because requiring Kinect and a constant online connection to funtion is EXCELLENT news.

kowenicki said:
Desperate OP.

Sure do... and will continue to as long as they want my cash. Lol.

Desperate for what lmfao...

So you're admitting that you will support Microsoft forever even if all these rumours came out to be true?

Hell yes. I just moved from every three months to yearly:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-Month-Gold-Membership-360/dp/B0029LJIFG

Simple question, why do you care? I'm sure there are things you pay for on a monthly/yearly biases that I would never consider paying for, but do I give a single fuck? Hell no. It just comes down to bang for your buck, and I get more than enough out of my Gold each year.