By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Aliens: Colonial Marines, what happened? 44 on Metacritic, different graphics?!

Are you surprised?

Yes 52 18.31%

No 119 41.90%

OMG!!!! WTF!!!!!! 79 27.82%

show results 34 11.97%

Total:284
chris_wing said:

Still EGM found a reason to give Alians: CM a 90.  A quick look to the comments section suggests what that reason may have been, "Seriously guys, how much did they pay you to write this bollocks? #lostallcredibility" writes one reader.  While I'd suspect some quick ad clicks as enough of an incentive to stand so far out from the crowd of reviews, maybe they just really love Aliens?

I'm going to predict right now that the Wii U version is cancelled.  That's my prediction, prove me wrong Sega!

Using a hashtag outside of Twitter. What I want to call this person, I dare not, lest I be struck by the mighty ban hammer.

If the Wii U version's been cancelled, I say good riddance to it...

Around the Network

Well damn.

Guess I'll hold off buying it after all. Usually don't pay much heed to reviews, but seeing this massacre and judging by the newest videos, it definitely disappoints. Waiting 'till the pricedrop then.

3/10 from Eurogamer. Wow... this game probably isn't worth even the bandwidth I could use to pirate it.

Good job Gearbox. I thought after Duke Nukem Forever you couldn't surpass yourselves but that was clearly wrong.

This game looked generic from the start, obviously people thought it was gonna kick ass because it's based on their favorite 80's movie not expecting that it was going to be another Cod wannabee but in space.

For me, that's not a surprise that game is so bad ...

I didn't understand why people believed it will be a good game ...
Gearbox except Borderlands and some extensions, it's not pretty good.

Around the Network

Problem was everyone thought Gearbox were making it, and they made borderlands,... Randy comes along with his PR saying how they love aliens etc etc... then on day of release we find out they didnt actually make it. Lolz.

Unfortunately it was too late to cancel my collectors edition from Amazon - £70 wasted :)

someone should just make an updated version of Aliens Vs Predator for the Atari Jaguar.

Proud owner of a Genesis, 32X, Sega Cd, Game Gear, Nomad, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, DS, DS Lite, Wii, PS, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar, PC Engine, Turbo Grafx, Turbo CD, Turbo Duo & Turbo Express.

gearbox pls

Screw reviews if you like what you have saw in demonstrations and trailers, who cares what a dude thinks about a game.

I dont enjoy FPS, so I was not paying attention to this game, but I know that some people were going to buy it, but because of the reviews they are now like "aw, I thought it would be great" WTF?! I hate reviews.

Heavenly_King said:
Screw reviews if you like what you have saw in demonstrations and trailers, who cares what a dude thinks about a game.

I dont enjoy FPS, so I was not paying attention to this game, but I know that some people were going to buy it, but because of the reviews they are now like "aw, I thought it would be great" WTF?! I hate reviews.